• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding another bun with my 2

I have been thinking of getting another rabit for a long time, but with a neutered male and a spayed female, would it be better to get a male or female?

To be honest, I was warned a few times that bonding 4 boys probably wouldnt be succesful, I think it very much depends on the rabbits and how chilled they are as my 4 bonded within 2 days.

Good luck with your bonding

Tracey x

well i got Fifi.. another female to add to my bonded neutered pair of male and female.. they get on just great! :D I guess it depends alot on your rabbit's personalities.. maybe you could take your two to a rescue and try them with a 3rd one before deciding for sure :wink: I know where theres lots of cuties :wink:

*Looks at the photo of Shilling...*

No, a 6 ft hutch is too small for 3 bunnies!!! :lol:

Yes, I would try it. I am sure you will find the right bunny to fit in. :D Could not say if male or female was easier.

I'd agree with Diddeen, it depends on the personalities of your rabbits but at the end of the day, if you go about it carefully, either is definately possible. The only trio I had was two girls and a boy, but they are now living as a seven, four girls and three boys - (newly bonded so we shall see :? ) - I also have four boys living together and I have Effie and Jess my two neutered females who look after my newly neutered boys sometimes and a four of three girls and a boy and the usual pairs. In my experience, surprisingly enough, I've actually found the boys easier going in the whole bonding process. When I bonded two pairs it was the girls biting and arguing whilst the boys just got on with it and with the 7 again the three boys were ok, it was the girls causing trouble. :roll: Like has been said a lot has to do with personalities and I have some very strong willed, and stroppy :roll: , girlies! :lol:

Back