• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help spot on

one of my rabbits had a bad reaction to the 'xenex' spot on but no reaction to the bob martin one.
(out of the two i thought the xenex was by far the more effective of the two though. :roll:)....none of my other buns have had any reactions to either brand.

Thanks for the replys ive gone for the frontline one from the vet, only because i needed it like yesterday :lol: , im going to order on line in future as its much cheeper.Its a long story but my friends rabbits have come down with myxi :( and it looks like its being spread by fleas. This is because all the rabbits affected at the moment are in one shed and up one end, none have it in the other shed or the outside ones. So it was urgent that we got all of them de flead as soon as possable. Ive also put up a konk in there shed that will keep the knats out.4 rabbits so far have it. [ yes theve been isolated] val

Val, frontline is dangerous for rabbits, its advantage that you need :wink: hope you have not already used the frontline :( :(

taylor v 109 said:
Thanks for the replys ive gone for the frontline one from the vet, val

YIKES :shock: :shock:

PLEASE DONT USE FRONTLINE VAL :shock: :shock:

As Denny says its ADVANTAGE you need

Janex

When one of our foster homes in Hampton Hill was affected by Myxie a few years ago and there were many incidents of it being highlighted in the community at the time, our vet suggested Xenex Ultra to use on all our rabbits to try and protect them from biting insects. When I know there is a problem near me all mine get treated with Xenex as a preventative thing.

When Teddy had the beginnings of mites, the Vet suggested the Xenex Spot On. However, although it cured the mites really quickly, he had a bad reaction to it where I put it on his skin, quite red and sore, so I won't be able to use that one again. It depends on the bun, I suppose.

My vet suggested Xenex when Gus had mites yet again. He also suggested using it on my other bunnies and piggies as prevention. Nearly all of them had terrible reactions to it including fur coming out and sore skin. I wouldn't use Xenex again.

Back