• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning water bottles

Suzanne

Mama Doe
What do you use to clean your water bottles?

Animalfarm.png

I use a toothbrush or I did have a baby bottle cleaning brush once. It keeps the algae from building up.

yeah im sure someone said they use a bit or water and some uncooked rice and give it a good shake

I use the rice trick, thanks to some advice from on here (SOAD I think) and it works an absolute treat! Just shove a tablespoon or so of uncooked rice into the bottle, add some water and shake. Easy peasy and all clean within a few seconds.

Hiya I pop a quarter of a Milton sterilising tablet in water bottles once a week to sterilise them, and rinse them out very carefully afterwards :wink:
Bunnies are prone to tummy bugs just as much as us humans, so it is important to keep bottles very clean :)

I tried the rice trick but it was hard to get it out of the bottle afterwards. I usually get a piece of kitchen roll, twist it into a long strip, insert it into the bottle and then use the wire that holds the bottle on to rub it round the inside of the bottle!

OK :D :
Get your bottle and pop a bit of water in there then chuck lots of un-cooked rice and shake it about LOTS! rise out a few times and they really do look brand new!

Back