• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Miffy has a wet botty :( Advice please

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone,

Just got back from the shops to find Miffy has a wet botty with a couple of normal-looking poops stuck to her rear as well.

My question - is it ok to get some baby wipes and clean it up with those? Also, why do you think this happened in the first place? She's not been using her normal litter tray as that part of the living room is too hot for her. She's been using a corner of the laminate floor which we've put a bit of newspaper down on to soak it up (we have no spare litter trays). She is eating and drinking normally, maybe a little less than usual because of the heat but she still shows interest in food. Her behavious is totally normal too.

Any ideas or advice? Thanks!

AMETHYST

Baby wipes are ok to clean her up. She probably just sat in her wee. Newspaper does not soak it up that quickly.
If you can put up with the extra laundry I'd use an old towel for her to wee on til you can get a spare litter tray.

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
If you can put up with the extra laundry I'd use an old towel for her to wee on til you can get a spare litter tray.

Good thinking, I can use an old fluffy tea towel. :) Thanks!

AMETHYST

Ok I cleaned her up with the baby wipes (she was actually a really good girl about it too, bless her!). There's still some discolouration on her fur but she's clean now. We'll have another quick go later on to see if we can get some of the discolouration off as well.

Thanks again for the advice!

AMETHYST

I was about to say the same as Jane, she probably just sat in her wee - charlie has a habit of digging in his litter try and moving the litter all to one corner and then weeing in a different one. Result is that he gets a wet bum sometimes, I actually run him under the tap if its very wet to get the wee off and then dry him, or if its just damp use baby wipes.

If she's not using her litter tray where it is cos its too hot can't you move it?

BevBunny said:
If she's not using her litter tray where it is cos its too hot can't you move it?

No because Miles uses it still! :roll: It's ok though cos we're using a cardboard box lined with newspaper and then cat litter as a temporary litter tray until we can buy another.

Thanks again for help! :)

AMETHYST

Back