• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone help me with bonding my buns?*update*

Truffybuns

Warren Scout
Further to my last thread about trying to bond my rabbits (sorry don't know how to link that in with this one :oops: ) Are there any rescues near the Milton Keynes area that would be able to help with the bonding process? I am getting more wimpish by the day regarding this but I owe it too both bunnies to give this a proper go. I have no real neutral territory at my house and I need help! I feel totaly out of my depth and do not want to cause either rabbit any more stress than is needed so I would feel happier if someone with more experience would help me with this. I thought I was doing the right thing trying to get Truffy a friend but now I am not so sure :cry: I am willing to travel any resonable distance and pay any relating cost's if the bunnies needed to stay at the rescue. Can anyone help please :)

Teresa

Im sure there must be a rescue who can help, have you tried going to the home page then searching rescue's? Alot of them do have an email address for you to contact them?
I think they would be happy to help especialy for a donation :wink:

Thanks for your replies, I will go and look at the home page to see if there is anyone local. To be honest I would be willing to travel if it meant I could get them paired up but someone local would be preferable. Either that or it looks like I am going to have to move :lol: I realy don't want to have to take the new bunny back to where he came from but that may be the only option :cry: (by the way he came from a very nice place but I have grown quite attached to him now :wink: )

:lol: :lol: I think you should consider moving rather than take him back :wink:
Have you tried the bath tub idea? :?

what about using a run in the garden in a place they dont usually run on? or do u have a garage or a shed or a conservatory/green house?
Alternatively do you have any relatives/friends nearby that would let you try them in their garden?

To be honest, new bun is with my Dad at the moment as i was so scared of leaving them in the same room together and the bedrooms get quite hot with the doors closed and window's shut (one room has the boiler in it so would worry in this weather) I am going to try a last ditch attempt on Saturday in Dad's garage but if that doesn't work he will have to go back :cry: I don't have the confidence to try it again at my house which was why I was hopeing a rescue could have them and bond for me. (and I am worried about them realy having a fight) I hope this doesn't sound like an excuse but I can't take a week of work at the moment to supervise them. I thought bonding would take time, which was why I was expecting the new bun to stay in his cage for a week or so to get used to each other's smells before actualy putting them together. With Truffy attacking him through the bars that just isn't a option anymore :cry: I hope you don't think I just rushed into this, I have been hoping to get a friend for Truffy for ages and thought she would really benefit from company of her own kind. I was only trying to do what I thought was best for everyone but it seems that all I have done is upset two lovely rabbits and myself. My sweet girl has turned into a monster! I have printed off some numbers of rescues from the home page and will phone them this afternoon to see if anyone is willing to help me

Truffybuns said:
My sweet girl has turned into a monster!

It's just her territory is all - They get over it!! Smirnoff sulked for weeks when I brought Joey home - & he was even worse when I moved house!! :lol: Is there no other room you could use?

Is new bun from Bunnymadhouse? Could she help you bond?

Hi Angie, yes new bun is from bunnymadhouse. I am trying to find someone local in the first instance as for me it is a 4 hour round trip up to Yorkshire. Which is not a problem and I have had the offer of help but I would feel bad that instead of taking one rabbit off her, I would be giving her back two :roll: (now with attitudes!) Truffy goes in every room in the house (house really isn't that big :oops: ) though she is banned from my bedroom at the mo because I got home last night and she had wee'ed on the bed :roll: If I get no joy from the list then I will have to have a rethink.

Diddeen, Truffy attacked new bun when I had put him in a pen in the garden so that won't work. Have the option of Dad's garage that I can try on the weekend just worrying my self silly over it.

If I put them together on neutral territory and Truffy still acts the same way, do I give up straight away or keep trying?

i presume they are both neutered?
Hope you find someone to help... i dont know anyone in that area but im sure there are people i just cant think of them
Ive added a post in Rabbit Chat for you too :wink:

I am in Oxfordshire, but I don't have any time off work at the moment to help, there are Blue Cross places in Lewknor (near Thame) and Burford. it might be a bit closer than yorkshire :D

I will have a think if there is anywhere else, good luck with the garage!

you are more than welcome to bring them over to mine as i live in milton keynes

we have not got alot of experance in bonding buns but we did bond my 3 together pretty well

Please pm me if you are interested :D

Hi
I would be happy to try to help but even though I have successfully got three together - I failed with my four and they went to Tracy and she managed to do it for me - she is in Rugby.
I work in Milton Keynes but live about half an hour away. If you wanted me to pop over to yours on a lunchtime then I would by all means give it a try.
Please PM me if you want me to have a go.

Thanks to everyone who has replied I realy appreciate all the advise I have been given :) I would have just given up at the first hurdle if it wasn't for all of you :) I have found a very brave person indeed to attempt to bond these two so please eveyone cross fingers, toes and anything else you have spare that all will work out. I hope next time I post I will have some good news :)

Well, with the hugest of thanks to Julie (Towsbuns) who spent a nerve racking Friday taking these two on, I now have a bonded Truffy and Archie buns :D Whilst not best friends they are content to be in the same room as each other and lie next too each other :D :D I am so pleased as Archie is such a little sweetie and I am glad that Truffy now has the friend I have so much wanted for her. Thanks again to Julie and to Bunnymadhouse for letting Archie come home with me :D Will post some piccies when i have taken some more tonight as the camera managed to delete all the ones I had taken :roll:

A very happy Teresa, Truffy and Archie bunsxxx

Well done, thats excellent news!! :thumb:
Cant wait to see the pics!
I bonded my two over the weekend, no fighting or fur pulling just alot of chasing, but it was very scary!
I think from what other people have said it does take a while for them to become bestest buddies :D

Back