• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help - my rabbits keep digging.

Foxy

Young Bun
Is it normal for a rabbit to dig? I ask because I have never had any problems in the past with rabbits digging. My two Netherland dwarf rabbits who are male and female and have pens next to each other in the garden are trying to dig their way out of their pens - do you think this is cos they want to be together? :? :? :? I never had any problems with Binka digging last year when he was in the pen and Rosie wasn't around. Any ideas what I can do to keep them from digging their way out other than keeping them in their hutches? :?

My bunny's both dig, but I think they only do it at certain times of the year, their run is on concrete so they cant dig out and nothing can dig in.
Could you put paving slabs down?
I think there is some ideas how to prevent digging in the care ref section. :D

Aww thanks for that advice - I think the chicken wire might be the best solution because I don't really want to put slabs in for them as they would have no grass to nibble then. I have had to put two pieces of an old nursery fireguard in the run at the moment to stop her from digging her way out. Binka has also started digging as well now :lol: Norty rabbits :wink:

I had one rabbit, he enjoyed the luxury of being on grass permanently, and he never dug, then we got a new girl rabbit and from day one she dug constantly! I have brand new turf and I was NOT impressed! We have had to put them on slabs, to stop her from getting out.

Poor boy rabbit suffers, but it can't be helped. :?

Its nautral for them to dig - what I am confused about is why they dig at just the things they are not meant to - why don't mine realise they aren't going to get anywhere digging my sofa cushions :lol: sometime there is a lot of shouting :roll:

Back