• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Finally a good free ad

Yeah but they're still being given away which is pretty heartless. If they really need to give them up why don't they take them to a rescue centre? And why are they charging money for them? I'm sorry but I don't think on balance it's a good freead at all. :?

AMETHYST

Maybe they don't want to 'dump' on a rescue centre. I know I wouldn't, they don't have enough revenue or resources as it is.

raven_guest said:
Maybe they don't want to 'dump' on a rescue centre. I know I wouldn't, they don't have enough revenue or resources as it is.

:shock: Rescues are there to help animals in need. If an owner chooses to use freeads to advertise their animal then 99.9% of the time they won't do any kind of check up on the person or home the rabbit is going to! I'll bet any rescue would rather have one bun more using up their "resources", than see that bun advertisted through a site where it might end up as snake food!!

I'm not condemning people who advertise through freeads, because most of them just don't know better, I do tend to try and point people towards this site.

Just a personal oppinion but they are asking £10 for rabbit and rehoming with hutch etc, sounds more like a nominal fee than profit making. The ad sounds genuine and its unfortunate to ashume that all people who ve cared for animals for sometime would rehome them with someone they werent convinced would do a good job.
The pair also come with a two tier hutch(worth 50 to £100 in P@H). Sounds like someone whos moving or for some reason can no longer care for their pets.

I dont like the Idea of anyone giving away an animal without asking a small fee or donation, it would be far too easy for someone to see a rabbit with hutch literally been given away and take it on a whim. Worst still getting a free hutch then selling it on...

I dont think all animals need to go to rescue, responsible people can take care of rehomeing themselves, otherwise arent we just adding to the stress of the animal in question Home-rescue-new home or home-new home. One move instead of 2. The animals being neut also means they cant be used by breeders.
Nice one amy I think you are right, this is a good site but please remember rabbit rehome is not the only and most perfect way although I know there are bad people out there not all non rabbit rehome users dont love their bunnies!

D'oh... they're right near me :?

Unfortunately, I can't take them though as I'm already taking on a foster!!

However, if anyone wants them and they need a place to stay for a few days, I could possibly help there

Back