• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

You know you have a good vet when....

KerinTravis

Mama Doe
:D you call them up at 10.00 to say, my rabbit needs his teeth burring today, and not next Thursday as we'd booked for, an dthey sya "bring him in!!"

I went to the vets last night with Travis, and my vet said there was no obvious soreness around the spurs and that they could prob last another week (we try to prolong it as much as poss due to the frequency of his GA's).

So I booked in for next Thurs, I also asked if it would be possible to get some x-rays done, and this wasn't even questioned, it was a case of "if you would like x-rays, we will do x-rays". I didn't even have to insist.

But this morning, Travis wouldn't eat his breakfast, and looked so so fed up. :( I knew he'd never make it to next Thurs, and I'm away from sunday night - weds night next week :?

So I called my vets @ 10.15 and explained it to them - they knew it was me calling about Travis before I'd even given her my name, they know them so well!!!! (knowing as well that they'd had a lot of emergency's yesterday and that their usual start time for ops is 8.30 am) and they said to bring him down. They have a lot of op's for today, so may not be able to do Travis until later, which would mean probably staying overnight, but they're still gonna do the burr and the x-rays for me :D

So I'm to call at 6pm to see how it went and how he's doing. I made them a pack up, so he's there with Treacle for the day - shame as it's so nice outside :(

So good luck vibes to Travvy Wavvy!!! And a Thank you to my vets for bending over backwards for my lil' man!!!

That is great. My vets are like that and I really appreciate it! It is hard to find excellent vets.

And yes, I too rarely have to give my name (unless it is a new receptionist), they just say "hello" and "which animal"... :lol:

LurcherGirl said:
That is great. My vets are like that and I really appreciate it! It is hard to find excellent vets.

And yes, I too rarely have to give my name (unless it is a new receptionist), they just say "hello" and "which animal"... :lol:

I just said "my rabbit was in last night for a check up on his spurs, and he's booked in for a bur next Thursday, but he's not eating, so I think they need doing sooner"

Her reply "Travis is it?"

"Yup!!"

Didn't need a lot to know it was me did she!!!!

Back