• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny out in Rain

pepsi

Alpha Buck
We have finally finished off Pepsi's run so now she stays out all day, i have put tarpauling over half of the roof for shelter/shade, lately though its been raining (ALOT :roll: ) and the other night i went out to put her in her hutch for bed time :lol: and she was soaked, to the point rain was dripping off her nose! She has got shelter but insists on sitting where there isnt any. Normaly i would cover the whole run if its raining but i work during the day and i dont want to leave it all covered up all the time because its nice for her to flop in the sun.
Im just worried in case it makes her ill, i did dry her of with a towel but im not always there to run out with a towel when she gets wet!

I think she'll be fine, Dont think it will do her much good getting soaked to the skin sorta thing, i'd bring her in if the rain got that bad, but if she has shelter she should be fine :) xx

Thanks :D She is a silly moo, half the run is sheltered but she still sits in the part that isnt, and gets soaked :shock:

I think rabbits like the rain, Miss Marple would do it all the time. So I'd have to try and dry her off before I went home.

well when i first got her if it was raining she would sit in her hutch and refuse to come out :lol: But now she just sits out in it, i think she thinks it always blooming raining, so if i dont go out because the rain i will never be able to go out :lol: :lol:

I don't think you should worry- Hann seems to love the rain also and sits out getting soaked!

Their run is attached to their nice dry play house but he just prefers sitting out- Esmerelda is much more sensible and stays inside.

arrr, so im not the only one with a silly billy bunny! Thanks dont feel like a mean mum any more :D

hehe!

hehe, my rabbit does that alllll the flipping time! i look out wen its raining, and there he is, in his "spot"! where the rain is going! so wen im at home, wenever it starts raining, i shove him in his hutch, cos he can easily hop in it, he just refuses too! hes in there now actually!
hehe! silly rabbits!!

Back