• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new animal rights bill, second reading.

deborah

Alpha Buck
well i have just been to defra as i have not been able toget a question out of my head.

there is a new bill going through parliament at the moment and it makes certain changes to the origional bill but 1 change in particular is concerning me.

under the old bill it is ileagle to sell animals to children under the age of 12. this in my opinion is quite adiquet. (sorry about spelling) .
but under the new bill the age has been risen to 16 years.......i do not see how this is an improvement.?

but anyway, the reason i went was to find out if it is illegal to withhold care from an animal, if it needs it or is suffereing.

the answer is a resounding yes. even under the old act it is, but the new act also provides details and guidelines for a constable to remove and enforce duty of care on an animal that is suffering.

it all makes interesting reading i would recomend it.

animal rights bill

I too am wondering about this new bill :? does it include animals that are kept in atrocious battery conditions :shock: :( :evil: & if not :( why not :?: :? surely they deserve soem consideration for their short :( miserable lives :evil: how can they bring in a new animal welfare bill that does NOT include these animals :?: :evil:

Back