• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Run....PWF/PSW

pepsi

Alpha Buck
Does any one know what im going on about....... :oops: There like little green fences that you attach together......some how, i think. I have seen photo's of some of your bunny housing and im sure (cant remember who) but someone has a run made out of them. Just a few questions, how safe are they?Are they as safe/sturdy as making a bunny run from wood and wire? could i leave her out in it while im at work? It would be on concrete, so nothing can burrow in or out. What about a roof, how does that work? please help :?

Ok not sure what you're on about. If you have something without a top, never leave your bun alone in it, as cats and foxes can get in. Do you have a piccie of what you mean?

Having just had one of these runs I would say its only ok if you are there supervising your bunny but not suitable for leaving your rabbit out in it while at work.

I am only using mind as a temporary run, until i have a more solid fixed wooden one constructed.

Hope this helps.

Do you mean this type of run

garden3.jpg

I would never leave my buns in it if I wasn't at home as although it has a netting that goes over the top, a determined cat or a fox could get in without too much trouble

www.pwsgreenline.co.uk

I have made my run out of this, it is very sturdy and I would say is foxproof with a roof. But I did recently discover that a sweet innocent butter wouldn't melt netherland dwarf can in fact squeeze through the gaps!! This also means that even if a fox couldn't get in, it could take a swipe through the bars, so I would cover it with a fine mesh or something anyway to prevent that. If it's a permanent fixture you could enclose it all like I have:
6da3f16e.jpg

I'm busy rebuilding it though, as it's so lovely and secure that I can't get into it either :lol: I'm still using the panels but am framing it all out in wood so I can access it from the end (to let them out for a run) and also I'm going to make a hinged top so I can physically get in.
newrun.jpg

Yup, I have one and use it for my fluffies indoors!

I block off the sofa and tv.. the main cable corners :lol: Keeps bunnies away! :lol:

Back