• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed furniture

My buns might be getting a shed to live in! :D We have a shed at the bottom of the garden that holds tools, at the moment it is in the hens run but my mum wants to move it out so she can move their hen house in there so I can have the shed for my bunsters! It's not definite yet as we need to find a space for it but I'm doing research incase we can. It's in pretty good condition. It needs a lick of paint and some new felt for the roof but thats it. I do have a few questions for those of you with sheds.
The windows don't have glass in them so should I put mesh in there to let fresh air in? Does it need a new floor or will the wooden one be fine? And also what do I put in it? I think it's only a 6ft by 4 ft shed so it won't really fit a hutch. Would the buns be fine without one as they will move in to it in the summer so it won't be cold. If I put a dog basket with straw in for them to sleep in instead and some toys will that be ok? Any pictures of your sheds would be great. :D

Lucky them :thumb: I would suggest that you line the floor with lino or something similar - it makes it much easier to clean and the smells and wee won't soak into the wooden floor. I think you should be ok with no hutch, the dog basket sounds good, or a crate like you use to take them to the vets would be good. I know some people have added a shelf with a ramp into their sheds, but it depends how handy you are :?

beebie.jpg

This is my shed i have a small hutch inside which they don`t use but i keep all my hay, straw and bits and bobs on.

I have lino of the floor so easy to keep clean and my hubby put mesh in the windows and i have kept the windows which i put in or out depending on weather, also the door has a mesh panel which is useful.

They love there bunny mansion they have so much space to spread themselves out in and when the weather is bad i can sit in their with them for cuddles.

My hubby is to put a solar powered light in this weekend so they will have loads of light in the winter now, next on their wish list is sky TV :lol: :lol:

Oooooh I like the look of the shed :)
If only Tia didn't share the shed with the guinea pig's hutch too!!

You could fill a cat carrier with hay & straw so they have somewhere snug to sleep :)

You'd need to either put lion down or bitumen paint the floor so cleaning is a lot easier, and to stop the urine ruining the wood. My Xanti is in a shed and he had a plastic stool he likes to stand on or throw around. I got it from the pound shop ages ago! Also chubes are great (thye're those tubes that are made out of veg parchment so are safe to eat, you can get them at bunny basics)

my shed's brick and concrete floor, but I don't have any hutches in there - a patio chair, 2 big chubes, 3 enormous litter trays with hay in (for 4 rabbits - they can fit 3 in each tray) and a wooden box which nobunny seems to bother with, but they can hop on the roof or inside it. I put a 3'square fleece pet mat (£5 from Wilkos - similar to vetbed) on the floor under the chair for them to snuggle on if it's cold.

You'll need lino on the floor, and put some mozzie mesh or net curtain over the cage mesh in the window too - to keep out flies. If they chew the structure of the shed you could put mesh or plasterers mesh over the wooden posts inside, and nail the lino to the floor with a wood batten or they will pull it up and eat it maybe :?

Back