• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

finally pic of paris

sxfe_121

Warren Scout
bigear.jpg

would be very unusual for pets at home to sell a giant cross bun, a dwarf lop is more likley though they do take rabbits from the general public so its not an inpossability. :wink:

I don't know what she is either, she does have a very flat nose like lops do, and enormous ears, so maybe they will lop eventually. Is that a skateboard she's standing on :lol:

yes lol they love to stand on it lol!...im embarrassed at the state of the run...they have eaten all the grass...and as its winter it hasnt grown back...lol...her ears are huge and her fur is quite long too..but its very..urm...i dunno how to explain..the texture is quite thin and silky almost...any ideas?

thnx!...does any body have any clues as to wht she is then?...i mean im guessin shes got dwarf lop in her...but her huge unlopped ears???

Aw.... she is so gorgeous

Pets at Home sold me a dwarf lop that turned out to be a mixed breed.
She's now about 9mths old a bit on the big side with big ears but only one of them is lopped all the time, the other one is like a radar dish that she twist round so she can hear whats going on all over the house :lol: :lol:
Pets at home dont seem to know what there selling, if its got long ears, big feet and hops around it must be a rabbit :!: :!: :!:

Sorry, that might just be my experience of them..... they could be very good, normally :eek: :eek: :?:

Well, I dont know what breed she might be, but I know she looks very cute and I'd like to give her a cuddle :D

aww thank you!..i know she is adorable...but i wudnt underestimate her...i found her on a shelf in the shed they live in last night just sittin ther..and it must b at least a metre and a half up...i hav no idea how she got up ther..none wht so ever...she seems to b sneaky like tht!!..hope i dont hav a hudini on my hands again!!

My lola is fluffy like that with massive unlopped ears (they are drooping a bit more now though) :love: . she's sooty fawn though. the garden centre i bought her from said she's a mini lop (but then they also said she was a boy so I don't know how reliable their description is :roll: !).

oh no dont tell me tht..thts all i need is her to turn out as a boy lol!!...she does look huge shes growing by the day!!...i think alot of it is her fluffy fur tho...she looks like sumthing from the antartic!...well i think shes gorgeous...i just wondered wht she was...cuz different breeds hav diff needs i guess..especially with her fur

With her fine hair the main thing is just not to let it tangle - running Lola's hair through with a little comb every couple of days is enough. Lola looks to have grown a lot since I bought her as well. She's 12 wks now and I guess 14 inches stretched out. (I'd say she was about 8 inches when I got her). I use Excell dwarf and baby and she seems to like that. Is Paris a dwarf? How big is she and how old? Difficult to estimate from photos.

(PS she's sooo cute!!!)

Just looked at your photos again and she does look just the same as my bun - in terms of fluffiness, head shape and ear size.

Back