• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paper litter???

I asked a while about litter??Was wondering if paper based litter would be ok too??As i cant always get woodbased I know I can get paper cat litter is this any good??Does anyone use it and is it safe,I think I read someone on here used it??

I sometimes use something in a big green bag called Biocatolet (or something) - it's made from recycled paper and is said to be safe for rabbits. I emailed the company because my bunnies tend to chew it to make sure it was safe - they assured me it was and have since put a "small pet" symbol on the bag.

I don't think it absorbs smells as well as the wood based litter though :).

Anna x

I use Biocatolet which is a paper based one. I think it's very good and I've never had a problem with the smells.

twilightpagan said:
I just bought bob martins paper litter,hope this was ok???

I use Bob Martins recycled paper litter for my rats & in litter trays for the buns :) but like Anna says, it doesn't absorb the smell as well. But its so cheap & dust free so thats all good :)

leanne said:
twilightpagan said:
I just bought bob martins paper litter,hope this was ok???

I use Bob Martins recycled paper litter for my rats & in litter trays for the buns :) but like Anna says, it doesn't absorb the smell as well. But its so cheap & dust free so thats all good :)
Good phew,at least i never wasted my money,I can give it a go,its only for Bertie his hutch is so akward to clean as he always gos in the bottom on the concrete(Hutch is bottomless)So now i can just reach in and empty it :D

Back