• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch covers?

bunnylove said:
tarpullen

Me too :D I put bubble wrap on the fronts of the hutches when its really cold tho,and i wedge the Tarpullen with pieces of wood ect to keep them on :D it doesnt have to cost a bomb to cover the hutches think mine cost a pound

I use clear plastic sheeting, so if it`s bad weather in the day they still get daylight but no rain/wind gets in then on top of that i have carpet to keep them warm in the cold months.

Su.x

I've got clear shower curtains stapled to the front of the hutch, but mine are roof opening - you could fit elasitc in the shower curtain holes and loop it over hooks on the hutch, if you wanted to fold it down to open the hutch.

I just put a couple of big rugs on top of that, totally covering the hutch - tried duvets and the water still froze - carpets are great, especially the gel or rubber backed ones, as they keep the hutch dry and insulate it too - I use nursery fireguards and bricks to hold it all down - from Argos. Take it all off in the day even if it's freezing (except for the shower curtain) - as the barmy bunnies choose to sit in their run whatever the weather :roll:

Maa insists on sitting in her run at night too - I guess cold means nothing to her, or maybe she sneaks upstairs to her cosy hutch at midnight?

I buy very large, warm blankets from charity shops, they cost about £3, then I place a Tarpaulin cover over the top and I have put an old patio slab over the covers to hold it all down.

Back