• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

funny lump..update

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
giving my rescues a good fuss tonight when feeding and found something strange on one of them . It felt like a hard lump which wasnt round like youd expect an abssess , but long and thin instead .Had a good look when my oh came and its realy strange. its like a raised up scar with a scab on it and it runs around one side of her neck and under her chin just above her small dewlap. it looks very raw in places and the fur has gone from the edges .
If she had been brought in as a stray i would have sworn she had been in a snare cos thats just what it looks like ...a snare injury. She was brought by someone moving abroad and has been here nearly a month .
I ve racked my brains to think if theres anything she could have injured herself with here , but can think of nothing at all . i have checked her hutch and both runs ... but nothing i can see :? :?

poor baby . looks like its vets here we come ...again :?

Angie

Blimey, how strange :? The only thing I can think of is it is an old scar and maybe whilst having a scratch she caught it with a toenail and set off a bit of dermatitis??? Jane and Buns xx

Shes eating ok and doesnt seem ill . couldnt get to vets today (they were shut by the time i could get there) so off we go tommorow tea time .

poor babe , she had a date on saturday too and a lovely new home waiting :cry: just have to see what vet says .

Angie

well baffled the vet too !!!!!!!!! :shock: :?

she thinks its an oldish wound which has thickened and caused some sork of dermatitus . but is sure it wasnt there when she was spayed .

good news is shes pretty sure its healing fine . no pus . no angry colour around it .
poor babe has now got a shaved neck so i can keep an eye on it and keep it dry :oops:
got some dermasol cream to put on when scab comes off .

Angie

I think me & you are single-handedly keeping those vets in business :?

Hope your bun is well today :D

been back again tonight .
A male bun with ...eeerm damaged plums :shock: :? :? was being kept with another male till we got it .
It looks awful

Angie

Back