• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I tell the rspca??

As some of you know I recently rescued 5 rabbits from a lady who had them living in her back garden together under a piece of wood of some sort....

Well When i got them home 1 had hardly any fur and had a skin disease, 1 had 2 big abssess and the 2 females are pregnant. She actually asked me whether she could borrow a couple of my rabbits in the summer for her kids. Who by the looks of things rough handle them. So im worried that next year she may get more.

Do you think that the rspca can do anything to stop this.

not too sure u could phone and ask. i cant give u ant ideas as my ideas for dealing with people like that are umm :roll: a bit vilent

I think that now you have taken the rabbits you may be out of luck as you can't prove that it was her neglecting them - she could deny all knowledge and it would be your word against hers.

As for her getting more rabbits, keep an eye on the situation: if she gets more and keeps them in the same poor conditions then report her before you get involved.

Hmm okay. I'm afraid I don't know if there's much you can do. Does she live anywhere near you? How did you come across her?

It's unlikely that the RSPCA will do anything about it now unless you had photo's of the rabbits in the poor condition you received them in.

If you can get whoever it was who found out about the rabbits in the first place to keep in contact with the woman then there's some way of monitoring the care of any new rabbits she might get.

Rabswood

i work in pets at home and she came in and asked whether i knew anyone who wanted her rabbits coz she didnt want them anymore. So i sed that i would take them. I might just ring her and let her know what bad condition they was in and make her feel bad

Get a photo of her and tell the local petshops not to sell to her !!!

(ps:: I'm sure this is prob illegal though just an idea!!)

How far do you live from where she lives, and is her rear garden visible from anywhere? If so, it might be an idea to check in the spring.

linnyloo said:

im not sure but i know several places that have photos under the counter....

maxxev said:
linnyloo said:

im not sure but i know several places that have photos under the counter....

Good, I really hope they do.

Rabswood

Back