• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wee!

melaniejb

Mama Doe
I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about why Albert is weeing on everything and anything...?

Albert is 2-3 years old, neutered boy bunny who is/was completely litter trained! For the past couple of days he has been having accidents. It seems to be on anything soft. We have wooden floors so I put old towels and blankets around so they have soft places to lay on etc. This has never been a problem for Albert, he's always used his litter tray however for the past couple of days he's been weeing on them and even on me! :roll:

Do you think it might be a bladder infection or is he marking his territory? He doesn't seem to do it on the normal floor so it looks to me like he's marking however why has he just started doing it now?!!!

Hiya. Albert may just be marking territory,particularly if the soft towels you put down on the floor are new(or at least new to him). But as this is a sudden change in behaviour it may be an early indication of a bladder infection. If he is drinking more than normal or the weeing in inappropriate places persists I would get him checked over by your Vet. A simple dip-test of his wee will indicate if infection is present so if you do go to the Vets I would take a sample of Alberts wee with you. Jane and Buns xx

oh! this is interesting! :) how would one take a sample to the vet!?! :) would this be a mid stream sample into a plastic bottle? :lol: i've only caught one of my buns in the act but that was because she was highly hormonal and marking out territory in every corner of the room :) also quite a lot of us have more than one rabbit and the buns, at least mine do, share the same corner!
would be good to know for future reference Jane!

Back