• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Storm is still changing!

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
Hi everyone!

I Feel sad because My little storm is growing up :( he's changing very quickly and poor Gypsy is wondering what happened to that sweet little bunny she could boss around!. Storm is now as big as Gypsy!! :shock: and he chases her because of his " man hormones :roll: ," she really doesn't like it :( He is not being nasty, nor do they fight, which is good. He is just being a bit of a pain with his urine spraying :roll: and toilet training has gone out of the window!. one thing which amazes me about him is how strong he is and how far he can throw things!! :shock: He is also becoming naughty, but Gypsy was worse! she used to do funny crazy things every day :D
I guess I should get Storm neutered as soon as possible, then Gypsy can lead a nicer life with him, please tell me, will the spraying stop?? I've never known anything like it! it's all the time! - naughty boy!. Is this normal behaviour? will his toilet training improve after he's neutered? He's started to leave poo's everywhere!.
I am scared to put him through an op, as I've stated before, but it's looking more and more essential. I love the little guy very much, but I'm fed up with poor Gypsy getting sprayed and feeling upset. I'm hoping the op will calm things down and all will be fine again.

Hiya! It definitely sounds like randy boy bunny behaviour! I would book him in for his 'op' as soon as possible - it can be done as soon as the testicles descend (have a look and see if you can see them). I would definitely get it done as soon as you can, otherwise poor Gypsy might get very fed up and just have horrible memories of him and it may make it harder for them to re-bond.

It could take a few weeks for the spraying to stop after the op, but it should calm down fairly quickly. I know it's worrying but it sounds like you need to get it done really soon. Good luck, it's horrible putting them through the anaesthetic I know, but it really is for the long term best - for him, Gypsy and you :D

Thanks for the reply. I could definetly find his " boy bits" :oops: today. storm is only 4 months old! i thought he was a bit young to be growing up so fast. Is he old enough to have the op? he is quite a big boy, he's a french lop. I waited untill Gypsy was 1 before getting her spayed, even though she drove me mad! the thought of putting them through surgery scares me, even though it's for the best.

take him to the vets for a pre neuter check and they'll let you know if hes ready! 2 of my boys were a nightmare with the spraying and they were 100% better after the op! :D Fudge did look like he tryed to spray me today though ( he's now nearly 2!) but nothing came out luckily! :shock: :lol:

he needs to be neutered if his bits are all there - you can't keep an unneutered buck with a doe, even if she's spayed - he will be an utter pest to her as yours is being - But it is an easier op for boys and he should recover quicker than Gypsy did :)

Back