• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do baby buns know they are pooping?!

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
Hi everyone!
It seems like a strange question, but I wondered if baby buns have any controll over their pooping and weeing? :lol: storm leaves a trail of little curants everywhere! and he weed on my foot! :lol: It took Gypsy a while before she used the litter tray, but suddenly realized what to do over night! I don't recall her ever weeing on my foot though! :lol: Gypsy copied my old bun Bilbo in the end. I'm hopeing Storm will get some idea from Gypsy as he's using no paticular spot yet. I didn't have this problem with Bilbo, he was a bit older, about 1 year, and just house trained him self, he was such a clever little man!. Does it take longer to house train a baby boy or a baby girl? it took Gypsy about 6 weeks from when she was 12 weeks old before she was house trained, but was only fully house trained after being spayed ( she still left poop here and there! :lol: )

Baby bunnies

Hi there,

My bunny was born in June this year so is only 7 months old... and he is a house rabbit !

He runs around like mad and used to poop everywhere .. but he usually either eats them.. or i have to hoover them up !

He is perfectly litter trained now and only poops on the floor when i have more than 3 people round, i think he just gets a bit excited ! Hahahaha
:lol: :lol: :lol:

About the weeing.... hmm... not too sure on that one, the bunny could just be a bit scared or maybe a bit nervy.. .but once he has peed, just pick him up and sit him on his litter tray !
i done this with smokey and now he just jumps back in the cage whenever he needs the loo ! amazing really !! hehe

i'm not a rabbit expert but i hope this helps a bit !

Sara & Smokey
x

Quinn when we first got him did but hes still only about 4 months old maybe a little younger but he lives outside and i bring him in so i figured bring him in before i give him his dinner and he doesnt do it everywhere!

Hes only peed once and i think he was a bit scared

I have a corner litter pan in his hutch and hes starting to use it but he also uses the other corner which also has hay in as his bedding but he seems to have more or less stopped doing it where there isnt hay so maybe thats why he doesnt do it in the house because i dont put hay on the floor

I did notice that if i have a bit of a struggle to catch him for one reason or another and hes a bit nervous then he does a couple of poos as soon as he comes inside

yesterday I noticed another one of storms erm.. Interesting habbits! some times when he jumps for joy around my room he sprays! :shock: I only noticed because he got me as he jumped into the air and weed!!! :lol: and I'm sure he's got Gypsy too as her mane looked a bit scruffy, like it had gotten wet :shock:

Back