• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding :(

leesabuntine

Warren Scout
Hi
I put my 2 bunnies together for the first time.My male bunny George was ok,but my female was petrified!!!!
She was making LOADS of squeeking noises and was shaking!
I left them for 1 hr but couldnt take anymore noise from her....u would have thought i was murdering her.I took her out and gave her some cuddles,and she was fine.
My male bunny diddnt seem bothered with her...pulled fur from her but not any really aggressive behaviour.
My female Peppa is due to be speyed soon and I have a dog crate waiting for them.
Shall i put them together again or leave it???
Why was she squeeking??? (i took her out and checked she wasnt hurt!)

Am moving house in a week and wanted to have them together :(

TIA
Leesa,Peppa and George

Poor girlie :(
Some rabbits are far more timid than others. It sounds as if you could do with moving slowly with this one to give her time to get used to the idea. Maybe if you put her in his cage/hutch and kept swapping them she would get used to haing his smell around and wouldn't be so shocked by him in person.

I think unspayed girlies sometimes squeak when they want to be mated, so maybe the squeaking wasn't fear but rather an attempt at sexual behaviour? I could well be very wrong as I've never experienced that but I've certainly heard it said that female bunnies squeak when they want to be mated.

That would put a different light on it :oops:
The girls I have seen coming on to the boys - Mama Rabbit was a wanton hussy :oops: - backed themselves up to the buck and sort of flattened their rear ends. I never heard her squeak though. (The boys she made advances towards were castrated and somewhat bemused by her behaviour :lol: )
Maybe her demeanor can help you tell whether she was excited or terrified.

Back