• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

unseperable!!

.::.amy.::.

Mama Doe
i put millie and bramble together for about an hour and then when i put bramble back in his cage he hates it and makes funny noises. so then i left bramble there and removed millie in to brambles cage- bramble started to make horrible sad noises again.
i think they are bonded :D BUT its a week to early, bramble will be 100% unfertile on tuesday....will it be ok to keep them together- i mean i really cant remove them now i think it may break the bond.

its cute they hate being away from each other!

:? well, how many weeks since his op'?? A few years ago I had a buck who remained fertile for 6 weeks post castration becoming the proud,(albeit-unexpected),Father of 10 :shock: :shock: I have been told that it is 'unusual' for a buck to remain fertile for so long......... :? :? JCO xx

hi

he was neutered 28th Sept - I would always err on the side of caution and wait a couple of months before bonding anyway :?

Re: hi

elve said:
he was neutered 28th Sept - I would always err on the side of caution and wait a couple of months before bonding anyway :?
he will be unfertile on tuesday but i really cant seperate them now- he like screaches with out her!
they havent humped- not that i have seen- maybe his hormones have gone?

I don't know if u should take the chance, wouldn't want to end up with a preggie bunny would we? U may not of seen them but u can't be there 24/7 to make sure they don't "do it".

/

AMY...I did say to wait until the six weeks were up! You are risking baby rabbits. Please do not leave them together unsupervised put them back in their own cages next to each other and wait until next week. I'm glad it looks like they will bond easily and I know it's hard to be patient but do not risk having a litter. Please update on situation.

i was patient i just put them together while i was in my room- then bramble was being really clingy to millie. i didnt just leave them :wink:

?

Good! :D please keep them seperate til next week..it is a good sign though that the bonding will go well..and if in the meantime Bramble grunts a bit then he'll just have to learn to be patient like all men!! :lol:

I've heard that it's 4 weeks until they're infertile but (at least) 6 until their hormones are out of their system?

Karly said:
I've heard that it's 4 weeks until they're infertile but (at least) 6 until their hormones are out of their system?
oh god 6 weeks ??? . its 5 weeks tuesday since my pair were done and gizzy is a hormonal nutter still . :roll:

hi

whether it's 4, 5 or 6 weeks is irrelevant - Amy was told 6 weeks, and allowed to adopt Bramble on condition she kept him seperate from Millie for 6 weeks - It's a matter of trust here, and I'm sure Jill would be gutted if Millie got pregnant, so Amy should stick to the agreement, just to be on the safe side.

Re: hi

elve said:
whether it's 4, 5 or 6 weeks is irrelevant - Amy was told 6 weeks, and allowed to adopt Bramble on condition she kept him seperate from Millie for 6 weeks - It's a matter of trust here, and I'm sure Jill would be gutted if Millie got pregnant, so Amy should stick to the agreement, just to be on the safe side.
i have - i have never left them together!

Back