• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor Hutch to Outdoor Shed

BUBBLES

Mama Doe
We are in the planning stage of moving the buns from their Current 4ft Hutch to a 6x4 Shed. Does anyone have any advice/suggestion before we start the actual work.

put lio in the shead make it easer for cleaning als may be a few low shelves with ramps on buns like to be nosey if foods to stroed in shed then bins or under bed storadge boxes are grate

Lorna at Greenfields rescue uses sheds for all her bunnies, she has a page of ideas for people thinking about setting up a shed http://www.greenfieldsrescue.co.uk/diycabins.asp, Lorna also does an open afternoon each Sunday. Also look at what other people have done on this site with shed ideas, there are some very innovative ideas with shelves, mesh windows, added on runs etc.

Lorna did originally put a low down shelf at the back of her sheds, this she has now removed and she now has an indoor cage in most so they have somewhere to hide and can also now sit on top of it. I know she also mentioned about doing something to prevent them gnawing the shed to bits if you have rabbits that do chew.

Janice

Here is my shed set up, it has a lino floor and i have a hutch inside for them to escape to and wee in!!!!!!! and to store my food etc on top.

I have a run attached and the windows were taken out and mesh put in, I have the windows and put them in when the weather is bad.

They went from a 5ft hutch with run attached to this and they just love it, my husband calls it `bunny mansion`

Am planning on getting some electricity to it in the near future.
01c44a23.jpg

beebie.jpg

Back