• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tricks

i think it is a trick if a animal that was originaly a wild animal to be litter trained :lol: I have heard of people saying they can train their rabbit to come but im not sure if it just becuase they have a treat or becuase they know they are supposed to come when a word(there name) is said :?:
erin

yeah animals aren't as naive as (some) humans, they'll only do something if there's something rather tasty in it for them! :lol: i don't think u really need to "teach" buns tricks -they do plenty of funny/clever stuff by themselves! :D

I've taught my rabbits to stand up although it's backfired on me a bit as they are so cute i can't turn them down! I've also taught them to 'come' Rabbits can also be trained to jump up and down (say onto and off a sofa) but i didn't need to teach them this. Try other stuff aswell. Rabbits are very intelligent, if you are patient and reward them for any progress made they learn very quickly.

I think :? that my bun, Douglas, recognises the word 'hutch' as he hides underneath the dining table when I say it. His ears also twitch when we say no - not just to him but in conversation between me and my boyfriend. When he hears the treat box or raisin box shake he comes bolting! He has figured out that if he sits underneath our bed, right at the back in the middle, we can't get him... but he's gradually learning that he will get the pokey stick if he doesn't come out... :lol:

My rabbit seems to come when you say his name. Maybe he just loves me and comes to see me. But I guess you can teach any animal to do tricks. Look at in the new Charlie and the chocolate factory, they trained all the squirrels to peel nuts without eating them and run all over the kid. I do wonder what happened to all the squirrels they tamed though as it said on the program I watched they had to train them from ickle babies.

Man, can I babble. :lol:

Back