• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home offered for 5+ years neutered male

Lucy

Warren Veteran
I am looking to take on an older neutered male rabbit. Colour etc not important. I have recently lost my 8 year old rabbit who was bonded to Betsy, a 6 year old female. As I had Betsy at 5 unspayed, I didn't want to get her spayed due to the risks at that age, so the rabbit would already have to be neutered. I am in the West Midlands area, but I will travel to neighbouring counties within reason. My hutch is 6ft and 2 ft and we have a secure run for them.

we have a neutered male who is about 4 to 5 years old his name is jaffa and he is on the rehome site. He is realy lovable and very easy to handle . cant say if he would bond or not though cos hes always been on his own . Jaffa also has a few probs . he has just had his molars done and has a sticky eye and is prone to sneezing . otherwise he is a lovely lovable lively bun. we are in south yorkshire.

Hi

Jaffa sounds lovely, but I think you are too far away from me. I have so many commitments, it's hard travelling long distances. Thanks anyway! :cry:

Would you be interested in Blackberry? He is a dear little chap, on RR under Gloucestershire. He has never been bonded with another bun but enjoys interacting with those around him. He loves humans too and scampers after me when I go past his area!

Alice

He sounds like such a little sweetie, he looks and sounds like my Denzil actually, following people around, always wanting to come out of his cage when i walk past!! :D :D

Hi

He is lovely, but 4 is too young. Betsty is 6 and I really needed something the same age as I don't want to have to keep on replacing old bunnies!

Lucyhp said:
Hi

He is lovely, but 4 is too young. Betsty is 6 and I really needed something the same age as I don't want to have to keep on replacing old bunnies!
I'm thinking that perhaps 2 years isn't such an age difference in bunny terms (I'm sure to be corrected if mistaken). I feel that temperament and personality are more important (a bit like us humans really but thats me who has always gone for guys younger than myself). Good luck in your search :wink:

luvabun said:
Lucyhp said:
Hi

I'm thinking that perhaps 2 years isn't such an age difference in bunny terms (I'm sure to be corrected if mistaken). I feel that temperament and personality are more important (a bit like us humans really but thats me who has always gone for guys younger than myself). Good luck in your search :wink:

yer i would say the same, bunnys dont die at the same age! but i do no what you mean about the leap frog effect, i havent experienced it yet but will do i am sure as bertie is 6 and his girly is two, but he is very healthy and she has slight teeth problems so you never know he may live her out... i wouldnt worry to much about age i would just let them enjoy as much of it as they can whilst they are here!

eve x

We have had a phone call from someone who is trying to rehome his 6 year old Dutch Bunny called Sparkles. He is neutered and would be fully vaccinated :D He is a house bun and is very loving. He has never had a partner before which is sad :(
The gentleman wishing to rehome him is in Milton Keynes but is willing to travel with him :D The bun is a brown and white dutch :D

Back