• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HOW WILL I KNOW!?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
i have been trying bond a pair into a group of four that i have, the two that i am trying to bond in are both very dominant the female being more so!, question is how will i know they will be fine to keep together perminantly, yesterday was there first day and after the intital chase they all layed down and were fine, although the pair nip the others when ever they go near them or they want them out of a chube!

i separated them last night and tried again today and the same is happening they are all laid out in the run but if one does get to close they again nip!

in a big bonded group how will you know when it is fine to leave them all to work it all out perminantly!

Eve x

are they actually hurting each other or are they just pulling out fur? If its fur pulling then dont seperate them, leave them to get on with it and they will settle down. When I bonded my 4 together there was a lot of chasing and fur flying at first but after a few days they settled down fine. In that time I never seperated them atall.

Cheryl

sgprescue said:
are they actually hurting each other or are they just pulling out fur? If its fur pulling then dont seperate them, leave them to get on with it and they will settle down. When I bonded my 4 together there was a lot of chasing and fur flying at first but after a few days they settled down fine. In that time I never seperated them atall.

Cheryl

some of the bites were a bit sharp but dont think there was any damage done, its more just nipping and i get the feeling, as you have to as they cant speak :roll: :lol: i think it is just her letting them know she is gonna be the dominant female and as yet no one has diasagreed! the only think i am worried about is we have just make a hole in the side if the shed to the run is attached and to get to they part of the shed the need to go through her part if you know what i meant!

eve x

It took Marmalade and Treacle quite a few weeks to get used to each other (about 4ish).
BUT finally this weekend they are close friends... as Marmalade let Treacle groom her, then they lied down next to each other SUCCESS :D :D :D .
I'm glad I persevered with the fur pulling, and chasing. I now have a bonded group of 4. Yippee :lol: :lol: :lol:

hello all I hope you can help.

I'm trying to bond my lilly with a new lionhead bun (both neutred). There is fur pulling whenever they go near each other and the chase each other all the time.

They also circle too. What should I do???

They are fine when I take them in the car together!!

Does the fur pulling just look worse than it is???

I'm a bit inexperienced with bonding as when I had Jasper with Lilly they bonded after an hour or so!!!

Vianne said:
hello all I hope you can help.

I'm trying to bond my lilly with a new lionhead bun (both neutred). There is fur pulling whenever they go near each other and the chase each other all the time.

They also circle too. What should I do???

They are fine when I take them in the car together!!

Does the fur pulling just look worse than it is???

I'm a bit inexperienced with bonding as when I had Jasper with Lilly they bonded after an hour or so!!!

hi vianne personally i would say nipping where they end up with a bit of fur in the mouth is fine, but circling is not!!!!!! personally i would let them see each other through bars for a period maybe a week! and then try them again in neutral terrtory, nipping is usually one teloling the other who is boss, but circling normal leads to fighting!

hope that helps

Eve x

Back