• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How to get rid of ants?

bunnyloopy

Alpha Buck
Our smallest hutch in the garden has just started to get ants coming in. Even if we clean it out every day with disenfectant spray they still come back. Are there any bunny and g.pig products that can help stop this?

Took two of our bunnies to the vets today after a nasty attack of fly strike and they were given a clean bill of health so very pleased!!

I used a spray called Ant Stop to get rid of ants in my kitchen and it has been brilliant, I havent seen any ants since I used it. It also says it is safe for pets to be in the treated area. Not sure whether it would work outdoors though?

Thanks I could try spraying around the area and see if that deters them. I always worry if its sprayed too close to where the bunnies and pigs are it might make them ill.

If you ask me it is the time of year, I have ant's nest poppong up all over my lawn.

I'm afraid I kill them with hot water and it seems to work, not very keen on using anything stronger incase of the other animals.

Maureen

They're pesky little blighters! I used ant powder and then rinsed the area with hot water it seems to have helped. Obviously i banned the Darby and Jack from the area for a couple of days until the powder had gone. It gave Darby hours of fun trying to get up there!!! :roll:

Back