• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bed wetting

D

Damo122

Hi,

I really need some help with a bed wetting problem. That's the bunnies not me :)

They were peeing and pooping all over my bed whenever i went out. I used a puppy pen to make a fence round my bed and took Sandy to be neutered.

The fence has been up two weeks and all was well but Malcolm worked out how to jump it yesterday and within two minutes he had peed all over my duvet.

I don't get why they are doing it as they are completely litter trained.

I have a girlfriend staying over tonight and i really don't want them peeing on the bed during the night! Can anyone suggest a way of stopping this behaviour?

Pleeeaassseeee

Damien

Are they both neutered?? If they have only been done recently, things down just calm down straight away. It can take up to 6 weeks for the testosterone to subside .....sorry :?

If they are both binkying about on the bed they may be trying to establish it as their territory.........do they do this on the floor?

i have the exact prob with millie but was a bit embarrassed! she jumps on my bed and pees and poos on it then i have to change it all over again,

i would appriciate the advice too!

Hi Caz,

Yes they are both neutered. Sandy was done 4 weeks ago and Maclolm was done a couple of months back.

So how do i reiterate that it's my territory?

Damien

Damo122 said:
So how do i reiterate that it's my territory?

Damien

Pee on it yourself :p :lol: !

Actually I don't have a clue how to stop them they sound persistant and if you are trying to impress a girl waking up with a faceful of bunny urine isn't likely to go down well ;) !

Try giving them your old bedsheet that still smells of you and hope they pee on that overnight instead of your nice fresh one.

I was lucky that Zeus couldn't make it onto the bed by himself as the laminate was too slippery - the one time he went on the bed he peed on it!

Caz (the original ;) )

This is a toughie, Damo....Lou only did this once, on our sofa, I just said NO to him loudly and made him jump down, then I put the poos in his litter tray and made sure he understood what I was doing, it's not happened again.

It does sound like you need to start telling them they are not allowed up there, as other Caz suggested, maybe give them a sheet to play on but shut your door so they can't get in there?

Fudge used to be a pain for that, I started putting towels on the end of my bed and she soon realised that was her area and was quite happy laying there. :D since bringing her litter tray into my room though she does use it, except for the odd times that in the corner behind my door is obvious more comfy!!! last time she weed on my bed, right in the middle of my thick double duvet. :oops: I was up late that night washing it in the bath............stamping on it like you would to crush grapes, just to get the water out :lol: .....these bunnies the things they make us do :roll:

I was told by the houserabbit society that rabbits will urinate and defaecate where the strongest scent of their owner is i.e bed or armchair, if they really really like you! They said the only way to stop it was to stop the rabbit going to that place. I have put up a trellis around my bed.

yes two of my rabbits have been a nightmare with wetting the bed so I've had to ban them from my room. But another of my bunnies is a little angel, she spends all day stretched out on my bed and doesnt even leave a currant there! :D She does tend to nibble my pillowcases though if I don't cover them up! :evil:

Hey,

Thanks for all the replies guys. The thing is that I don't really have anywhere else to put their cage other than in my bedroom as the flat is quite small.

I've taken the duvet to the laundrette so here's hoping they lay off it but somehow i don't reckon they will.

I've just taken the fence away for now until I can think of another idea and you'll be pleased to hear that both bunnies are now very happy with their new warren under my bed :x

Damien

OH poor you Daz, I just hope they grow out of it!

Lou has never ever done this, he will just lie on the bed and hold it until he gets back to his hutch and then poops like mad!!

I did find that if I took all the bedding off the bed they weren't as likely to wee on it! Worth a try if you've nowhere else for them? I've got one bun living loose in the kitchen at the moment as I've run out of cage space, but luckily she's being quite well behaved!

Darcy is always weeing on my bed too. I have taken all the bedding off and he still trys to have a naughty wee. I clean it in front of him and once he got so annoyed at me cleaning it up that he then defiantly lifted his tail and did another wee!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :roll: I have started putting my hand out to gently put his tail down when he starts trying and then he just flicks his ears and either doesn't bother to wee or if he does really need to go he hops off in a huff to his litter tray.

Back