• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are there any unwanted rabbits...............

MightyMax

Banned
......who desperately need a place in a rescue centre?

Having got some rabbits reserved and going to their new homes over the next few weeks, I can take a small number of rabbits who are in need of finding a new home. They will go to the Mayhew Animal Home, where they will never be in a hutch, and have a rabbit friendly area to themselves of around 10 feet square. They will also have free run time in a secure garden, and of course all food and veggies supplied :D

I am also in the process of developing a dedicated series of runs in the garden, which will be secure and surrounded by logs and with loads of interesting things to do - for alternative entertainment during the daytime!

There is a vet on the premises and all rabbits will be neutered/spayed and vaccinated by the Centre. I co-ordinate the home visitors, and all homes are checked prior to rehoming.

Please contact me privately if you know of any needy rabbits... :D

Awww it's great to see so many places becoming available to unwated bunnies. :D

it is great that there is such an awareness about diseases which rabbits are at risk with and so much info on rabbit care! :D

Awww thats great news that you're all sorted for more bunnies and lots of bunnies going to new loving homes!!

I've been accepted as a volunteer for the Mayhew and have my training day at the end of the month!! Very exciting - might see you there Mightymax!!!
:D
xxx

AWW thats great that you've got new homes for buns and are ready for more!!! rescue centres do so much for rabbit welfare!! if i had space (or if my mum would let me) i would defo have a rescue centre! all my rescue buns just stay with me as i can't bare to give them up once they get here! Tis why i have 15!! but what gratifying work to be able to say i helped an animal find a loving home :D

Tree said:
Wow what do you have to do Romy?

There are loads of different things you can do. I've applied to be a rabbit cuddler (its a tough job but somebody has to do it... :roll: :lol: :lol: ) and cleaning out the rabbit cages/hutches/areas and feeding them etc. I'm sure there is more but not sure yet till I have my training.

Biridiebun, yes I might find a friend for Darcy - unfortunately they only have boys there at the mo though. All the girls are being snapped up! I'm going to be very careful this time though and make sure Darcy has "dates" with them first!!! :wink: :lol: Are you going to get Flash a girlfriend soon? :wink: xx

Awww I would love to be a bunny cuddler.

Cary has been made to do some work :lol: think she may have been looking at Bracken :D .

yeah I love Bracken just waiting for boyfriend to give me the go ahead then I would love to progress with looking at Bracken :D

BirdieBun said:
yeah I love Bracken just waiting for boyfriend to give me the go ahead then I would love to progress with looking at Bracken :D

Awwww how nice would that be!!! Would you give them a proper wedding? :wink: :lol: :lol: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There are no free boys or girls now, Romy, just a couple of honey buns which I am trying to foster out before they are rehomed :D All the girls I took in a few weeks ago (Peggy Sue, Agnes and Sam) have been reserved!!

It is unlikely, though, that you will find a big bunny at the Mayhew! They hardly ever get them!!

Good luck with your volunteering! :D

HI

I have a question that i need some help with ? I take in some unwanted or neflected bunnies and re home them from my house but i would like to start taking on more but do you have to applie to the council and other autorities before you can opena proper rescue/

Marie

marie2005 said:
HI

I have a question that i need some help with ? I take in some unwanted or neflected bunnies and re home them from my house but i would like to start taking on more but do you have to applie to the council and other autorities before you can opena proper rescue/

Marie

Hiya,

I was looking into this and you do yeah. I had to speak to the environmental health department ,and planning permission department.

:D

I'm afraid I have no experience of running a rescue, but I know that Adele has given some fantastic info and help in the past :)

Lorna Field has also offered to help people with starting up their own rescue :)

Good luck with your ventures!

Mightymax, have you tried some local rescues who may have buns on their waiting lists :wink: :) might help taking some that are on the waiting lists :wink: :)

Hi Denny

Yes, the Mayhew are in contact with other rescues, and it would be great if they could take some rabbits from their waiting lists!

Or perhaps take some from rescues that have been there a while as they might rehome more easily in a new area. Then the original rescue could take in some newbies from their waiting lists. Sometimes an animal will be overlooked for no obvious reason but will home straight away in a different area..might be worth a try!

Thank you for all your suggestions!

I have been contacted with enough 'unwanted' bunnies now, and shall sort out admitting them to the rescue

Take care :D

Romy said:
BirdieBun said:

Awwww how nice would that be!!! Would you give them a proper wedding? :wink: :lol: :lol: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh god yeah I would hire out Westminster Abbey :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back