• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WANTED-female neutered big bunny!

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
Hi
My bunny Benny a male french lop needs a companion. We're looking for prefabably a neutered bun and she needs to be large. A would ideally like a young friendly french/lop bun but they're doesn't seem to be many about, I am willing to consider other options.. I live in Grimsby, n.e.lincs and my transport is limited.
can anyone help!

big bunny

Have you tried putting your wishes into the search engine of rabbit rehome
I am sure you would come up with something suitable - if you did and even if the doe was a bit further afiald maybe some memebers could help with transport???? :)

Also if u go to the Rabbit Rehome site and click on A-Z rescue search there are several rescue centres in Lincolnshire that dont have websites but their phone numbers are on there.. maybe u could give them a ring and see if they have anything suitable :wink:

There is a female british giant cross about two years old or an english lop (also quite a big breed) thats 6 months old. Those are at bramcote in nottingham.

xLucky-BritGiantCross2.jpg

xLucy-HarlyEngLop.jpg

Thats about an hour and a half from you but possibly someone could help with transport.

Tam

Theres a black british giant spayed female at the Bunny Camp sanctuary in Bradford, Yorkshire.. im afraid im not hte best at geography tho so i dont know if thats too far away.

Thanks for all your suggestions!!!
Yes benny is the bun from cherrywillow! he is gorgeous and has settled in so well! He watches my other buns playing and I really would love him to have a playmate!
I have some phone calls to make locally and see what that brings. i have searched rabbit rehome but nothing on there at the moment. I'm not sure about a british giant, I really would love a lop. I shall have a look on the bramcote site.
thanks everyone! please let me know if anybun comes up!

hi lisa..Royston Animal Welfare in Penistone yorks have a female lop called Tabitha on their website..she's described as very large and nice natured..ring 01226 765884 for details. they have a pic on their site!
If a long way from you I'm sure a bunny run could be arranged!
Good luck

aww Tams she is beautiful what huge ears - you would have thought she would have got a home straight away - oh well :roll:

honeybunny said:
hi lisa..Royston Animal Welfare in Penistone yorks have a female lop called Tabitha on their website..she's described as very large and nice natured..ring 01226 765884 for details. they have a pic on their site!
If a long way from you I'm sure a bunny run could be arranged!
Good luck

Just had a look and this is her pic:

tabitha.jpg

:love:

Hasn't Maire just posted a french lop doe needing a home!! :D
oops i really should read all the posts..this lucky girl has found a home!..but the one in Royston (pic above) is beautiful! :D

Matilda is gorgeous. Where is Penistine? is it near Sheffield? I have heard from a lady in Scunthorpe who has a bun but she's not neutered but says she has a lovely nature! The reason i wanted a neutered bun was I'm a bit worried about bonding benny with a bun then having to seperate him while I get a bun neutered. How do others manage this????
I'm still waiting to hear back from some other people but I do like matilda anyone know if shes neutered? The closer to home I can get a bun the easier but i'm keeping all options open to get benny the right friend.

Tabitha might be benny's new bunny friend!!! had no luck locally finding a bun and my boyfriend kindly offered to take me to Royston!!! so i'm going Sunday!! Have talked to Beryl there and she seemd quite happy that I am suitable!! She has been at the centre for quite some time as being a large bunny she is usually overlooked! Tabitha looks beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!!! unfortunately she isn't neutered but I will sort that out later!
i will keep you posted! thanks everyone for all you help! and especially honeybunny for telling me about her!!!!

Ah Lisa glad to be of help especially when it comes to rehoming animals!! :D she does look lovely so safe journey and are you going to call her Matilda? :lol:
I got bun number 7 today!!

Back