• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need some advice

Hello, i have just been out to see hugs and bun and both are pretty quiet, hugs isn't eating much had a nibble then went off, fluffed himself up and sat looking thouroughly miserable. He has been drinking more recently and yesterday he slept most of the day behind the shed. He has had2 emergency visits to the vet due to collapsing and not eating and both him and bun find this stresfull so if it can be avoided but i am worried. Do rabbits change with the weather, it has gone from freezing to mild very quickly and both are acting odd!!!!! I'm Shell by the way Marks wife, very stressed now my babies are the world to me and i hate it when they are poorley. :( :( :(

P.S Eve I have moved this from your topic, to the Rabbit Care so other people might see it.

Mark.

Hi Shell

sorry for the questions but it gives other a bigger picture if you know what I mean :wink:

how much pellets do they have per day and when do you feed them?
how much veg do they have and at what time of day?
Are they pooing OK?
Do you have any infacol in incase it is trapped wind?

The puffing up bit doesn't sound too good to me. I would give the vets a ring and explain your worries - see what they say. Explain to them how stressed they get by vet visits and maybe they can come out or suggest something over the phone.

I would normally expect buns to change if the weather went the other way i.e. suddenly freezing if they didnt have enough bedding, I'm sure that isn't the case though!! Or if it was very hot, heat can affect them.

Have they had any vaccinations or anything recently? As this can make them a bit off colour.

I hope they feel better soon, give us all the info u can and we will try to help :)

Nicola

Oh Dear I am sorry to hear about your bunnies Mark :?
I know a trip to the Vets stresses the bunnies out, but he / she will need to examine them if you are concerned.
Any rabbit that changes its behaviour and eats less, drinks more/ less could be developing problems.
the key to rabbit health are their droppings, are they toileting okay, what size are the droppings, are they small and hard? soft and loose?
If small and hard they may have bloat which is trapped gas in the stomach which does require treatment.

Have you changed their diet at all recently? How much veggies are you feeding?
If a rabbit is hunched up, it could indicate pain, either from something like bloated tummy (sluggish gut) or a bladder infection..increased fluid intake could indicate this.

Hope this is a help, but I really think you need to get to the Vets or as Nicolar says you can request a home visit if explain your concerns about a trip out to the surgery :)

Best of luck, and if you need any more help do not hesitate to ask.

Hello

Have just got back and both bunnies seem to be ok, Huggies came steaming out the run and off into the garden to eat the shed and grass, they both then went and sat in their tunnel and are now chasing each other round the shed and digging holes!!!!
Is it usual for them to have moods like us, at one point today hugs was crashed out on his side legs out in his litter tray and now he is leaping round like a spring lamb, plus all the veg has gone. The only thing i can think of that he had different to her was 2 small grapes yesterday which they haven't had before, there was meant to be one each but she wasn't keen so he helped himself!!!
Huge thanks for all your concerns, i shall be keeping my eye on them and measure his progress by how unsociable he is!!! :lol:

[quote="Mark
Huge thanks for all your concerns, i shall be keeping my eye on them and measure his progress by how unsociable he is!!! :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: glad the bunnies are okay Mark :thumb:

Glad they are OK :)

Yeah they do seem to have different moods, sometimes my little one will actually sit still for 5 mins!! And then I wonder if something is wrong with her :lol: I'm sure they just like to chill sometimes and we interprate it the wrong way as we are so used to seeing them racing around!!

Nicola

Back