• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi Everyone

Rspca Medway

Warren Scout
:wave: My name is Amanda, I work as an admin assistant, but fo the last 9 years i've been a volunteer for my local Rspca. I started off fundraising and now im in charge of all their advertising.

I am a volunteer for Rspca Medway West Branch, a self funded branch with no funding from the national Rspca. They were donated a house about 12 years ago which they have converted in to a small rescue centre. They have a small clinic area where they do neutering and general consult twice a week, sick bay, a small wildlife unit, a rodant room, isolation and hutches and runs for 50+ rabbits and guinea pigs. Its amazing what you can do with a small space and limited funds.

I also got my mum involved and she really enjoyed the work. My mum and her husband convertd the double garage at the back of the garden into a cattery as Medway West Branch couldn't keep cats and now she runs the cattery.

Most my time is spent finding ways of promoting our animals, as we rarely have spaces and always have a list of animals to come in, so if anyone has any idea's please let me know.

I'm mad about animals and most my animals are the one's that have come in with problems and nobody wants and i'm the soft touch who takes them in.

As you can probably tell i'm completely mad, but its one of the qualifications you need to work for the Rspca. :roll:

Welcome to Mad Amanda (your words not mine! :lol: ), you have certainly come to the right place then :wink:
Hope you enjoy your time here in RU.
Best wishes

welcome15.gif
Amanda

Wonderful work you are doing!

I must say there are lots of beautiful, lucky and spoilt rabbits, i've seen in the forum. Its nice to see people who are devoted to their animals, it puts your faith back in human nature, as I see lots of unwanted, dumped and mistreated animals.

I've found Its like being part of one big friendly group and like to thank you all for giving me such a warm welcome. :D

Back