• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

moulting

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone elses buns moulting at the min?
claude and miffy are having a major moult miffy all over and claude has clumps comming out all over him just been pulling them out!
all the bedding is covered in miffys hair she has a very strange coat!

Hiya Marie...all our bunnies are moulting too, and even our Rexes who have very short fur are moulting by the handful.
I wipe over their fur with a baby wipe twice a day as it picks up all the loose fur that I have brushed out.(also makes the bunnies smell like fresh clean babies :lol: )
This way the fur does not go all over the house or up my nose :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: ..or into the rabbits tummies to form a fur ball :shock:

most of mine are moulting at the moment and have been for the past month, strange though some light and some heavy, i do have one outdoor bun that to this day have never seen her moult yet. weird!!!

Yup - Zeus is looking scruffy again, Athena moults lightly so I hadn't noticed until yesterday but she is too and the two rexes are but they used to live outside so I wasn't surprised at them!

Caz

Totti was moulting so heavily, I expected him to have bald patches :shock: He's still moulting but its calming down - I could just pluck it out by the fingerful. Brody's having a delicate little moult and Molly -nothing, she's far too elegant to do anything that will make her look scruffy :roll: :shock:

Mine are all moulting - bunny house buns and in the house buns :? And the cats have decided to join in :shock: Fur, fur, fur and more fur in this house at the moment :roll: :?

yep both of my buns are moulting at the mo, it's a right nightmare picking them up! it's that bad you can just pull handfuls out of them! smokey's been moulting for a while now about 3 months and is also changing colour! :?

The Baby wipe thing is a fab idea! Never thought of it :roll: I am surprised Tobz has anymore fur left - his been moulting that much. It doesn’t bother you to much until it gets in your eye!

Darcy is moulting too. There is fur everywhere - I get covered in it when I'm kissing and cuddling him! He isn't going bald or have any bald patches so it must be light moulting...or he just has lots of it!! :D :lol:

Back