• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rescue Remedy Dosage

Alice

Warren Scout
Right I am off to boots to try and get some rescue remedy as I thought it might help ease the stress of the vets visit this afternoon, for both of us I think.....

Anyway I was wondering what the dosage is for bunnies, and how to administer....also how quickly is it effective....as by the time I am home from work I will be leaving pretty promptly to get the vets as is a 20 minute drive.....will it have time to take effect.

Thanks

Thanks Caz,

Problem is I don't think he is going to have chance to drink that much water before he goes to the vets as by the time I get home I will prob only have 15 mins before I need to leave and go off to the vets so wondering if there was a quick fix way of administering it....... I should have thought of this yesterday and put some in his water.

If you buy a plastic pippette dropper (don't use the glass one cos the bun may bite/break it and cause injury), you can pop two drops straight into the buns mouth. If I remember rightly, the buns body only absorbs as much as it needs and the rest is discarded and not utilised.

It can also be used as a spray/spritz if you add a dropper full to a spray bottle filled with spring water, then you can spray it towards the buns head but be careful to shied it's eyes.

hi, i used it on an agressive bunny (turned agressive cause wanted m8ing) but it did take a few days to work but some thing like that should work within a few hours, but i put about 8 drops into a full normal sized rabbit bottel and i have put 4 drop into her mouth not too close so they can bite but so it drops onto there lips and will lick it off
becky

Back