• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lillian at vets- again - U/D 7:15pm 26th

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Had to rush Lillian to vets this morning first thing.
She’s had a brilliant weekend in herself- she’s enjoyed being in the garden and we had a great game of chases round the garden when it time to come in. She was so cheeky and just didn’t want to come in.
But this morning when I came downstairs, Lillian wasn’t up and at it. She normally goes wild for her breakfast but this morning, nothing. Just lay sprawled out. She even didn’t care or mind when I picked her up - usually she’s very resistant. She hadn’t eaten much overnight but was eating ok last night.
She was damp underneath so I whisked her straight off to the vet.
No temperature but her bladder is full and she has secondary stasis so she is now once again at the vet hospital being cared for and on antibiotics and stasis meds.
Vet will update me at lunchtime and I’ll keep you all updated on how she is- but she is quite poorly at the moment☹️

Last edited:
Oh no I'm really sorry to read this [emoji17] Sending lots of vibes for Lillian and I really hope she starts to respond to treatment soon xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Oh dear I am sorry to hear that Lillian has a recurrence of her UTI :cry: I hope that she will be feeling a lot better soon xx

Vet just rung. She’s eating (that’s Lillian, not the vet) and being syringe fed. Small amount of wee but nothing to get excited about. Treating as infection at this stage, which I think is the right thing to do, but could be sludge or worse case, stone (which I don’t think it is). Vet will ring with update later.
Thank you all so much for your vibes- they are so very much appreciated. Xx

Vet just rung. She’s eating (that’s Lillian, not the vet) and being syringe fed. Small amount of wee but nothing to get excited about. Treating as infection at this stage, which I think is the right thing to do, but could be sludge or worse case, stone (which I don’t think it is). Vet will ring with update later.
Thank you all so much for your vibes- they are so very much appreciated. Xx
Oh bless her, sending a million vibes for her xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Oh I really feel for you Craig...I practically live at the vets at the moment too [emoji853]

Hoping Lillian feels much better soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping that they have her on IV fluids too as this will help flush out the infection and sludge (if sludge is an issue) I really hope that she has not formed any stones and that once the abx kick in she will feel a lot more comfortable x

I am so sorry to hear Lillian is unwell :( it sounds like you caught it early though. Sending Lillian lots of vibes - I am pleased to hear she's eating xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bless each and every one of you for being there my RU friends and followers of Lillian - special mention to JJ who always has the most indepth vetinary insight.
Ok, so here is where we are. Henry is loaf of bread in front of me - ears flat, looking forlorn and lost. He is.
The vet rang at 5pm with an update - some good, some not so. But I am sure you will all find the positives that I seem to miss.
The vet reports Lillian has done a big wee (or weeeeeeee as we say). She has nibbled on some grass but is still being syringe fed. However, the vet, bless her, is not happy that Lillian is comfortable despite the long wee - and I completely respect that from the vet. So, with that in mind, we discussed care arrangements for tonight and, after discussion, we decided that it would be in Lillians best interests for her to spend the night in the care of the vet and vet nurse at the hospital. She is on a particular abx and that gut neds (metra something or other) and the vet said that after her final night meds at about 10pm, she would need syringe feeding every 2 hours as she has not yet done any pooping. So the stasis is now the priority with the weeing secondary - a switch from the morning. And we felt that Lillians vest chance of getting better quicker, is at the vets with constant care and abiility to take temperature and react quicker than we could/can. It feels like a cop out but I would rather she was in the professional hands of care and making steady progress, than her coming back tonight, having an injection and monitoring and feeding throughout the night and if anything went wrong, we'd then be back at square one.
It would appear as though this is an infection - the fact Lillian has peed substantially would to me imply that a stone is not perhaps the culprit. And the fact that the abx appears to be working well also underlines this.
We will have an update in the morning and all being well, hopefully Lillian will continue to improve and respond well with the abx and hopefully be back home tomorrow.
Thank you each and every one of you fom the bottom of my heart, and Lillians, for your support and vibes. Y'all making me cry now.
Craig xx

so sorry to hear about Lillian Craig, really hope that she improves soon, and that's its "just" a UTI. Lots of vibes for Lillian, and a hug for you Craig, I know you will be worrying xxx

Gosh :( I'm sorry there are more Lillian worries & to hear of henry looking so sad :( She is in the best place xx

Sad to hear she isn't home with you tonight but I think you're right, she's in the right place and it means you can sleep a bit better. Fingers crossed she is back home with you asap xx

I agree she's in the best place, Craig. She can rest and you are not faced with a possible panic situation in the middle of the night. Lots more vibes for Lillian.

Back