• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded group of 6...may become 8!!!

k1984

Mama Doe
I've been a bit quiet on here recently...been a busy summer travelling...to Dubai and Gran Canaria! :love:

Anyhow...if you trawl through my old thread, back to 2016, you may remember Princess....a double maned lion head that I took in temporary for 2 weeks. Within that 2 week period (and VERY unexpectedly!!) she gave birth to three babies - a girl and two boys. I kept all four rabbits for 8 months, having them all spayed/neutered before being fortunate to find a lovely home for the two girls...mummy Princess and her daughter Leia.
The two boys stayed with me - Adam and Leo.

Fast forward just short of 3 years and the family that took Princess and Leia got back in touch with me. They were struggling with them (for various personal reasons) and remembered me saying that if they ever needed to rehome them, then they come back to me. I must admit...it was bolt out of the blue, but I stuck to my word and we arranged for this bank holiday weekend for the girls to come back to me.

It was wonderful to see them again! They are exactly as I remember them :love: 3 years seem to have flown in a blink of an eye.

I've settled them upstairs in the spare bedroom for now during quarantine period but I am considering reuniting them with their sons/brothers and bonding them into the 6...to become an 8 :shock::lol: I must be mad.

Anyway....I am (unexpectedly!) now the mummy of 8 bunnies :love:

Here are some pics of them taken today....Princess is the blue (grey) and Leia the black...
Untitled by Mrs M, on Flickr

and throw back pictures from 2016....
Mummy Princess

and her babies :love:
Leia, Adam and Leo

Funny that the girls have come back to me after all this time. I've had this painting of the family hanging on my wall ever since the babies were tiny :love: They've always been in my heart :love: x

Oh they are so gorgeous :love:
Looking forward to following your bonding updates if you go ahead!

Well done you to sticking to your commitment to take the girls back if ever the new owners could no longer keep them.

Good luck with the bonding ! I think setting yourself up with a drip of IV wine may be needed :lol:

Oooh - here we go. I'm swooning at the floofy gorgeousness of those absolutely stunning rabbits. That's too much adorableness for me to take in one go so I'm just going to sit and admire them for a while. :love::love::love:
Oh, and good luck with the bonding - we're sending you millions of vibes for a good bond. xx

Fingers crossed for the big bonding session :wave: I’m glad you were able to take the girls back :love:

Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Do rabbits remember each other, I wonder?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone :wave: :love: It really means a lot as it's quite a daunting prospect! Although I am pleased the girls have come back to me after 3 years :love: x

Back