• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our newest family member

Limit

Warren Scout
Took a visit down to the RSPCA in South Godstone on sunday, filled out a form and asked to see their available rabbits that could be partnered with our girl. They had two 6kg giant boys available and to say I fell in love is an understatement. Both boys are lovely, one very outgoing and the other chilled out; a bit nervous too. I was at first worried that our size housing wouldn't be suitable but as soon as I showed the staff they were over the moon and asked if we wanted to reserve. We reserved a beautiful boy named Monte, shy in character but a very chilled out rabbit which I thought would be ideal for Binky; the only downside and something I have to keep an eye on is that he's a snuffle bun when he's stressed out. Didn't intend to get one this size and I am hoping the bond will work in a few weeks time after he's settled. Now for the best part, photos of this lovely lad!

When I first met him.

His new home.

Settling in :love:

His betrothed, having no idea he's here :lol:

Super pleased and I'm hoping these two will bond and Binky will no longer miss Smudge :cry:. Any advice is welcome, especially regarding bonding as Binky is a large dwarf lop x frenchie but he is still much bigger. Apologies for the large pictures, though it is a giant rabbit I suppose :lol::lol:

Thanks so much all, looking forward to seeing his true character and I'm keeping it nice and slow for this bond. :love: Over the moon.

Limit, he is beautiful :love:

I like South Godstone R.S.P.C.A. and I've worked together with them fostering their bunnies.
Lovely staff and rabbits there :D

Limit, he is beautiful :love:

I like South Godstone R.S.P.C.A. and I've worked together with them fostering their bunnies.
Lovely staff and rabbits there :D

I loved it too, I have social anxiety and I was really worried it was going to be busy and huge. The staff were lovely it's nice and small, not overbearing and if I lived a bit closer I'd volunteer. :D They have beautiful bunnies at the moment I took a good nose at all of them ( I can't help myself!)

Wow, what a gorgeous boy :love:

Hope the bonding goes well and that he and Binky have a lovely new life together xx

Thank you everyone :) He's already more confident, hes so food orientated and hand feeding him has made him forget about any nervousness; instead he's clambering up me to try and get more :love:. Binky is having his carrier in a couple days to get his smell and then he'll be having it back after a few days of her having it. People aren't joking when they say they're more similar to dogs!

I loved it too, I have social anxiety and I was really worried it was going to be busy and huge. The staff were lovely it's nice and small, not overbearing and if I lived a bit closer I'd volunteer. :D They have beautiful bunnies at the moment I took a good nose at all of them ( I can't help myself!)

Yes, their bunny facilities are really good. I've visited a couple of R.S.P.C.A premises recently and despite all the flack they come in for, I have to say their pens were large, interesting and spotless. I would've boarded my rabbits there if they'd have had them! :lol:

He's exploring more now and likes to show off his impressive ears :love:! Will probably start a new thread for both the buns at some point but thought I'd give one more update here. He's not fussy at all, eats anything I give him and adores his herbs and forage. Settling in nicely, still sneezy and snuffly from the stress but it's normal for him. :) Here's him munching on his forage this morning.

He's exploring more now and likes to show off his impressive ears :love:! Will probably start a new thread for both the buns at some point but thought I'd give one more update here. He's not fussy at all, eats anything I give him and adores his herbs and forage. Settling in nicely, still sneezy and snuffly from the stress but it's normal for him. :) Here's him munching on his forage this morning.

That little tin of food looks so tiny beside his great big ears :lol:

Back