• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My newly bonded trio

Lozzibear

Warren Scout
I have spent the last few weeks bonding a trio, and on Thursday they were put into their house together. It was a difficult bond, but I am so pleased with how it has gone. Today, they had their first free run of the garden together :) We have Luna, white Lionhead cross, Arnold, Lionhead x Dutch, and Ludo, Dutch.

:D

aww, really special :love: Congratulations on a brilliant achievement in a relatively short space of time

Oh they are all gorgeous. I love how you have a lionhead turn into a dutch (or vice versa) - it makes me giggle. I hope they have many happy years together. :love:

fantastic photos Lozzibear and what a great achievement!

What do you think was the most difficult bit of bonding a threesome?

Lovely lovely rabbits. I have two lionhead x dutch but they are white butterfly marked. They look rather like your Luna.

Thank you everyone :D They are a special group, and are all such amazingly sweet buns.

fantastic photos Lozzibear and what a great achievement!

What do you think was the most difficult bit of bonding a threesome?

I think the most difficult thing was just getting them interacting with each other... I think it is easier with a pair as they have no one else to interact with, but with an existing pair it is easier for them to ignore the new one. Luna and Arnold were okay with Ludo from the start, a few minor scuffles that were mainly caused by Ludo's slightly irritating behaviour, but apart from that they took to him pretty well. Ludo was very into them and would snuggle up to them, and while they allowed him, they didn't initiate it themselves. They are getting far, far better in that respect now, and spend a lot of time cuddling together.

I *love* this! I'm really impressed and it gives me such hope that when I try this later in the year it might just work... I will be badgering folks on here with many questions and concerns when the time comes, I'm sure (thank you in advance!).

Photos are gorgeous and I love that they are roaming around together as a 3, even though they have free run of the garden.
...can I ask, how long did you have Ludo 'at home' with you before you started the bond (if at all?), and if so, where did you house him (could everyone see each other before you officially put them together?)?

I *love* this! I'm really impressed and it gives me such hope that when I try this later in the year it might just work... I will be badgering folks on here with many questions and concerns when the time comes, I'm sure (thank you in advance!).

Photos are gorgeous and I love that they are roaming around together as a 3, even though they have free run of the garden.
...can I ask, how long did you have Ludo 'at home' with you before you started the bond (if at all?), and if so, where did you house him (could everyone see each other before you officially put them together?)?

Thank you :) bonding can be so stressful but, when it works, it is awesome to see them happy.

I have had Ludo since August and yes, they have been able to see each other for most of that time. For the first few weeks Ludo was in the house but then he went outside and had been living in their house, but separated by mesh. So they could see and smell each other. He was neutered at the beginning of December, he was too small to be done any earlier. There was never any aggression or issues with them being able to see him, something I kept an eye on initially. It is lovely to see him with them properly now :)

Thank you everyone :D They are a special group, and are all such amazingly sweet buns.

I think the most difficult thing was just getting them interacting with each other... I think it is easier with a pair as they have no one else to interact with, but with an existing pair it is easier for them to ignore the new one. Luna and Arnold were okay with Ludo from the start, a few minor scuffles that were mainly caused by Ludo's slightly irritating behaviour, but apart from that they took to him pretty well. Ludo was very into them and would snuggle up to them, and while they allowed him, they didn't initiate it themselves. They are getting far, far better in that respect now, and spend a lot of time cuddling together.

... and what might that be?

I have a trio to bond in the near future, so all advice welcome :D

Thank you :)

... and what might that be?

I have a trio to bond in the near future, so all advice welcome :D

He was just a bit obsessed with them... wouldn't give them a minutes peace at times. Keep chin rubbing all over them, or following them about, snuggling up to them and probably the worst was his sniffing and trying to bury his head in the fur at their legs... they both hated it, and kept jumping up and going to the corner furthest from him. I was actually surprised how well they put up with him, especially with the chin rubbing. No doubt all of it is normal behaviour many rabbits do, but it is the first time I have experienced it lol. The snuggling was very sweet, but they definitely looked to be tolerating it rather than actually wanting it lol.

Thank you :)

He was just a bit obsessed with them... wouldn't give them a minutes peace at times. Keep chin rubbing all over them, or following them about, snuggling up to them and probably the worst was his sniffing and trying to bury his head in the fur at their legs... they both hated it, and kept jumping up and going to the corner furthest from him. I was actually surprised how well they put up with him, especially with the chin rubbing. No doubt all of it is normal behaviour many rabbits do, but it is the first time I have experienced it lol. The snuggling was very sweet, but they definitely looked to be tolerating it rather than actually wanting it lol.

Awww, sounds like he really needs to be loved :love:

Back