• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

Bunnies16

New Kit
Hi all.

I have wrote on here before about our 2 femake bunnies who were together
when we got them but then had a big fight. They have both been neutered now so we are wanting to get yhem back together. We have just started about an hour ago as we have all weekend at home 🙂 we have them in the kitchen with 2 litter trays 2 hay piles and 2 water bowls and a tube. It's on slippy floor so we have a towel in the middle for them to sit on. Currently they are hopping round eating hay etc. Dotty keeps putting her head under b asking her to groom her. B seems to ignore her so we have been smearing banana on dotties head which b has been licking off. Is that a good idea ? Dotty is nipping b at times but b is ignoring her.

If this is goes okay we are planning on moving them into our shed on Sunday. How will I know if they are ready to move?

Thanks xx

You will have a better idea as to how it is going by Sunday so I would wait and see. Hopefully there will be no fighting sp this will be a good sign. Loads of luck with this. Is the shed neutral to both bunnies?

Yeah it's neutral. We will be putting in the current hutch but cleaning it with white vinegar first! Dotty has been humping b but she just takes it. Dotty been grooming b now too...

How are the 2 girls getting on?

They got on okay thanks. They were moved to there new home, a shed, on the Sunday. We watched them all throughout Sunday then checked them through the night. They were checked twice very early Sunday morning(in the dark) and all seemed okay. when they were then checked again a bit later I noticed that unfortunately B had a wound on her ear. It was obviously missed on the first 2 checks as it was dark ! At this point they looked very friendly again ! We monitored them through the day and everything seemed okay again. We decided to try one last night and if there was anymore sign of fighting to split them up for good then. This was a very hard decision but I didn't want to have got this far and then bail at the last minute!

They have been together since... fingers crossed all been okay - don't want to jinx it yet ! they have been going out into the run in the day and into the shed at night. in another week or so, all being well, we are going to join the 2 so they can come and go throughout the day and then just shut them in the shed at night.

We separate them for their nuggets as B eats 10 times faster than Dotty and then thinks she can go and eat dotty's ! but fingers and toes crossed they will be okay now ! I'm thinking maybe they sorted themselves out with that one fight, I feel terrible that B got hurt but its healing nicely, and I feel lots better now they are together again to keep each other warm now its getting cold !

Back