• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do people paint their runs with?

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
It's been a long time since I've had an outdoor bunny and I can't remember what I used to protect my hutches and runs with. Obviously I'm looking for a pet safe paint or stain or whatever it's called :lol:

Just bought a pot of cuprinol garden shades, seagrass yesterday. Going to paint their welfare hutch company run once the weather dries a bit.

Good luck with choosing a lovely colour for their set up.

Sorry for bumping this up, hope it's ok? Is cuprinol safe for the inside of hutches, or is it just for waterproofing and protecting the outsides? Thanks!

Cuprinol garden shades is meant to be pet safe.
Plastikot is pet safe too.
Either can be used inside the hutch, but I'd still use something like lino to protect the floor.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I used Sadolin extra on my hutch both inside and out, I did give it over a week to gas off before putting the bunnies near it. Didnt want to use a woodstain/preservative that barely lasts a year. They have had little chews here and there and no ill effects, but i do have a large chunk of apple wood as their main chew to hopefully divert their attention from destroying their home.

Best to leave wood bare inside, but for the floor you can use lino to give you a wipe/water proof finish. Although the preservatives are 'pet safe' they aren't really designed to be eaten, which rabbits have a tendency to do with wood they have access too.

Back