• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buddy wanting to mate Teddy !

maxi

Young Bun
:wave: Hi Everyone hope you and your bunnies are well. I have 2 house rabbits Buddy and Teddy 2 brothers they live together and have bonded from the start, they have been Neutered last year well this afternoon I walked in the :room and found buddy on top of teddy I was shocked is this normal as I am very worried :shock:

It could be buddy is the boss and is making sure teddy remembers that.

My females do this a fair amount and I never worry too much.

They sometimes do it if one is unwell (e.g. teddy might be under the weather and buddy is taking advantage and trying to become boss)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank you for getting back to me so quick so I am worrying over nothing I was scare just in case Teddy turned on Buddy, I have been very lucky with my boys and I love them to bits xx

Just keep an eye. Make sure all their behaviour is normal. Eating drinking and all toilet habits look normal.
They likely do it but you've never seen before.
So long as it doesn't escalate into a fight and Teddy doesn't seem to put off I'd ignore it. It's normal bunny behaviour.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

:wave: Hi Everyone hope you and your bunnies are well. I have 2 house rabbits Buddy and Teddy 2 brothers they live together and have bonded from the start, they have been Neutered last year well this afternoon I walked in the :room and found buddy on top of teddy I was shocked is this normal as I am very worried :shock:

Most bunnies do this :wave:

Males and Females, two females, two males .. they are asserting themselves over the other. Establishing a pecking order (that they would like!)

Back