• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding baby rabbit with adult.

Lozzibear

Warren Scout
Has anyone bonded a baby rabbit with an adult? I have a two year old spayed female who is alone after her bonded partner died. On Thursday I brought home a 9 week old male rabbit. I had planned to bond them once baby was settled in, and I discussed this with my vet who agreed. I have since been told on FB to wait until he is neutered.

I am not sure what to do now. I can remember reading about people who have bonded babies with adults and if I wait to bond them then it will be about 5/6 months until it can be done... I'm now going back and forth with what's the best to do, especially having now spoken to others who have bonded babies. So I was just wondering if anyone on here has done such a bond?

The problem is that in a few weeks' time "baby" will start chasing your female around and she might get very upset with him! I can't see it being successful until he is neutered. Some Vets will do this at 12 weeks old provided his bits have appeared. So it isn't long to wait really.

Back