• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

24th June and 27th June

Niklovesrats

Warren Scout
So... 24th June I have my new shed arriving which will be for Ted and the 2 girls.... my 2 girls currently live together... Ted lives alone... I will be housing them together....sadly I cant do this for a while... Ted is having "the op" on 27th June and I understand I have to wait 6 weeks before he can be with the girls.... should I wait until those 6 weeks are done and then they can all move into the shed together on the same day or shall I let him move in as soon as its up and then they can join him once he is 6 weeks post op??? Will he be ok to share his space... he is quite territorial at the moment and for those of you that remember my thread he is still growling at me and still protective of his belongings like food bowls etc..... hoping this calms once the gonads are removed!!!!

I'd personally wait until he is ready & move them all in at the same time as then it will be neutral territory.

If he's in there before he'll probably become territorial and will make the bonding experience a lot harder.

If the girls are already spayed, sorry I'm not sure, you should be able to put them all together once 2 weeks has passed after his op. I have never really found the boys to be very territorial at all, he will chase them of course for a while but he would do this anyway. This is what I would do if it were me.

Back