• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No grass ?!

I have a rabbit Olaf and I had a large patch of grass at my old house and now I have moved Olaf to my new house and there is no grass what should I do could anyone recommend websites for cheap indoor rabbit hutches and what should I do ???? Please help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you mean you have no outdoor area now for your bunny? Or that there is no grass for him to eat?

You can grow grass in pots and trays for them to eat - the see is cheap, and you just need basic soil or compost to grow it in.

For indoor housing lots of people use puppy panels to make set ups, but it depends what space you have.

You dont need a hutch indoors (have a look at the indoor housing section on here for inspiration). Puppy panels are great for sectioning off a large area (rabbits need an area of 10 foot by 6 foot) and you could always use a dog crate as a shelter (not for them to be shut into as it would be unkind).

Like Lily I hand pick grass and other forage for my rabbits.

You dont need a hutch indoors (have a look at the indoor housing section on here for inspiration). Puppy panels are great for sectioning off a large area (rabbits need an area of 10 foot by 6 foot) and you could always use a dog crate as a shelter (not for them to be shut into as it would be unkind).

Like Lily I hand pick grass and other forage for my rabbits.

Yes I am thinking about getting a small dog kennel and a large rabbit run and keeping him indoors and keep the kennel open so he can go in there whenever he wants X

Grass, as mentioned, can easily be grown in trays and given to them for a limited time (and taken away before they dig it all up!). I do this with my buns as they live in a shed with a run over paving and it works well. :)

As to indoor housing, if I were to have my buns inside, I'd go with something like these below. They look super neat and give a lovely view of the buns. :)

20150119_103428-1024x768.jpg

20151204_142317-1024x768.jpg

(from https://boylespethousing.co.uk/product/4-sided-indoor-rabbit-pen-or-cage/ )

Grass, as mentioned, can easily be grown in trays and given to them for a limited time (and taken away before they dig it all up!). I do this with my buns as they live in a shed with a run over paving and it works well. :)

As to indoor housing, if I were to have my buns inside, I'd go with something like these below. They look super neat and give a lovely view of the buns. :)

20150119_103428-1024x768.jpg

20151204_142317-1024x768.jpg

(from https://boylespethousing.co.uk/product/4-sided-indoor-rabbit-pen-or-cage/ )

OMG white rabbits - I love them :love:

Back