• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Moods

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I'm new to rabbit ownership but have started to notice my trio have funny little moods. Is this just a part of their personality?

For example, I've gone out tonight to check them and it's like they have had an argument, they are all at different corners of the run and not reacting to me or each other. I always take some veggies out in the evening and normally they go straight over, but tonight no one has moved or even looked up. Maybe they are just sleeping? Was just a strange atmosphere!

X

Ours sometimes do it: they'll be in one of the separate areas and very ocasionally won't come over for food. It's so rare they don't it makes us worried so we tend to take some to the one who hasn't, who's then their usual ravenous self, just not wanting to be with the other one. They're very forgiving though, our two :)

Lopsy and Aboleth are also incapable of sleeping through the prospect of food XD Although Lopsy sometimes slips into a parallel universe (I think that was MightyMax's phrase) when he's unresponsive generally, but Aboleth doesn't do it :)

Thanks for your reply. Parallel universe lol :D

They seem back to their usual selves today. They've done it a few times now and do make me worry that something is up. They ate all the veg, so perhaps they were waiting for me to leave x

Ours sometimes do it: they'll be in one of the separate areas and very ocasionally won't come over for food. It's so rare they don't it makes us worried so we tend to take some to the one who hasn't, who's then their usual ravenous self, just not wanting to be with the other one. They're very forgiving though, our two :)

Lopsy and Aboleth are also incapable of sleeping through the prospect of food XD Although Lopsy sometimes slips into a parallel universe (I think that was MightyMax's phrase) when he's unresponsive generally, but Aboleth doesn't do it :)

:lol: Nice to hear me quoted! But there again it's because my rabbits seem to drift in and out of Parallel Universes sometimes, I think!

Maybe in your case ThreeB's, something outside got their attention? You do have to be 'on guard' as they are so cunning at hiding stuff you need to become a detective to find out what's going on sometimes :D

Yeah, not really sure what they were up to!

These are the same pictures I posted in 'introductions' as I don't have many uploaded yet x :)

in our case, if Rupert did this, I'd be rushing him to vet as I'd know it must mean he's poorly but Tia does this all the time! Some things just really irritate her and she'll refuse to do anything / eat anything.... last time it was a few weeks of avoiding us refusing to eat anything we tried to give her etc, all because we'd moved the hay.

Rupert took a hissy fit the other night and beat the **** out of the hay basket because he didn't want to go to bed yet - we give them a basket in the house and he was literally beating the **** out of it, only the basket kept hitting him on head and then he'd start on that too.

Tia quite often gets fed up of Rupert (especially if he's hyper) and just looks relieved for us to entertain him for a bit and give her a break :lol:

Your post made me laugh :lol: I just had images of a rabbit taking on a basket.

Individually they have all done the weird quiet thing at one time or another, but not all at once. They are usually back to their usual selves the next day. The first time one of them did it, I was outside at 2am checking on them cos I couldn't sleep for worrying.

They probably were just taking time out from each other / sulking.

Disclaimer: I would of course see the vet if I thought any of them needed to x

Back