• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding babies

Jassymondo

New Kit
Hiya

I am collecting my baby rabbit (Buck) from the college I attend today which is 8 weeks old. It is the only one available. But I want him to have a friend. I have contacted some breeders near me but the only one that has any babies won't be available for at least 6 weeks, would it still be ok to get one of them and put it with my new boy.

Thanks
Jas

Before bonding, both rabbits need to be neutered.
A male/female bond is usually best.

If you are collecting this 8 week old bunny who is a male I would wait until he can be neutered (usually any time from 12 weeks old as long as the bits have dropped and the vet is happy to do it) and then look for a female who has already been spayed, the male will need to heal and hormones calm down for 6 weeks after a neuter.

If you can please look into rescuing a young spayed female rather than buying from breeders. There are so many looking for homes. x

Hello there! I am afraid the chances of bonding your baby rabbit with another rabbit are not really realistic. He would probably start fighting with another male rabbit and if you were to put a female in with him he would start to try and mate with her very shortly. I would wait until he has been neutered and then find him a female friend :thumb:

Back