• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this good?

BunnyBunBunBun

Warren Scout
9e380d2a23286f71d5774dbe11168aeb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be honest no, it is really small. You need a hutch at least 6 foot long and 2 foot deep. Which needs to be attached at all times to a run that ideally needs to be 8ft by 4ft.

Have a look at the happy hutch company, or the welfare hutch company, boyles pet housing is also vey good and there is also the hutchman who is a member on here but I am not sure if he is making hutches right now!

Hele gave you the minimum dimensions to look for in the post above (6x2 hutch with a 8x4 run). That hutch/run says the dimensions are 4x3. So it's far too small.

You need to check the dimensions before you do anything else or you're just wasting time looking at small hutch/runs, tbh. The majority on the market are too small even if they say otherwise, so you're better off just looking at the brands that RU members can confirm are big enough. I think 1 or 2 people gave you a list on another thread.

https://boylespethousing.co.uk/product/daisy-large-rabbit-or-guinea-pig-hutch/

Selecting the 6x3 hutch and 8x3 run is £430. Long lasting, good quality...

Without sounding rude, you do need a lot of money to create a good set up. If you can't afford the few hundred it costs for the set up then you won't be able to afford the rabbits if anything were to go wrong.

We had a savings account take a £1,500 battering in under 2 years on only 2 rabbits... food for thought :)

You can change that hutch's dimensions up to 6 ft with the drop down box and then that would be fine for the hutch, you old then need a run to attach to it!

Have you looked at the examples given at the beginning of the Housing section? That would be a good place to start.

https://boylespethousing.co.uk/product/daisy-large-rabbit-or-guinea-pig-hutch/

Selecting the 6x3 hutch and 8x3 run is £430. Long lasting, good quality...

Without sounding rude, you do need a lot of money to create a good set up. If you can't afford the few hundred it costs for the set up then you won't be able to afford the rabbits if anything were to go wrong.

We had a savings account take a £1,500 battering in under 2 years on only 2 rabbits... food for thought :)

To be fair, that's an extra £430 that could go in a vet fund if you didn't have to use it on housing. Sometimes it's not necessarily a matter of not being able to afford it but having the money and not wanting to waste it on something so expensive when it could be saved for vet bills.

I mean, I'm not disagreeing that you need a lot of money because of vet bills but I'm just shocked at how much people will pay for a hutch and run! I guess sometimes people don't have any other suitable options though, and if it lasts 10-15 years or so then it's worth it...The real waste of money is spending £200 on something that'll fall apart in a couple of years. I'd definitely be careful about quality when buying accommodation.

To be fair, that's an extra £430 that could go in a vet fund if you didn't have to use it on housing. Sometimes it's not necessarily a matter of not being able to afford it but having the money and not wanting to waste it on something so expensive when it could be saved for vet bills.

I mean, I'm not disagreeing that you need a lot of money because of vet bills but I'm just shocked at how much people will pay for a hutch and run! I guess sometimes people don't have any other suitable options though, and if it lasts 10-15 years or so then it's worth it...The real waste of money is spending £200 on something that'll fall apart in a couple of years. I'd definitely be careful about quality when buying accommodation.

It could do, but if you haven't got something you can use then you either spend money on a shed (can be expensive especially with insulation) and run, or aviary style run... regardless I guess you need to spend money, the amount will obviously vary but unfortunately bigger and good quality almost always = more expensive...

But deffo, if it'll last the bun's life and still be standing but maybe needing some reinforcement then I'd say that is a good price :)

Such a shame nothing is very solid though, so many wooden hutches etc are so substandard in quality :(

Last edited:

Good quality housing does not come cheap. 'You get what you pay for' and 'Buy cheap, buy twice'.

Are you reading the suggestions people are giving you? You need to have a 6ft x 2ft hutch, so that hutch isn't big enough because it's only max 5ft long. And the run needs to be at least 8ft x 4ft

I really don't understand - are you looking at the replies to all the other threads you have started about housing?

Too small ... as are all the other ones you have posted .. I have seen lots of posts telling you the size requirements so look for something with sizing. I have a hutch that is too small ... unfortunately cannot buy another til after January once Christmas and my eldests birthday is out the way. I have been looking at aviary's or dog kennels (the ones that have the runs built on) search for something like that. Or if you have the space .. a second hand shed and run.

Back