• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Naughty bunnies

Look what my naughty little bubbas have done!!
I spend lots of money on toys for them, and things they can chew on, but they do this to the hutch instead :shock:

449_zpsl16jhqyy.jpg

tut tut bunnies!!

:shock: Giving them lots of hay will help with this behaviour as it gives them something natural to chew on. Good luck.

Thanks! They're so naughty, I fill the whole of the bedding area with hay, I go back in 10 minutes time and it's somehow all on the downstairs compartment, oh well as long as they're having fun :lol:

Yikes! How thick is the wood? They shouldn't really be able to chew through a hutch, at least no without a lot of effort!

Eek! Cheeky bunnies!

you could try & give them carboard boxes, at least that's something else to chew but obviously keep an eye out as I wouldn't of thought it would be very good for them eating lots of it. You could also tempt them with different hays, there are so many different flavours that your buns might love!

The wood isn't that thick I don't think, it's from pets at home though, so you would of thought the quality would of been better :O don't worry though my dad covered it up straight away so it's impossible for them to get through it! There's two of them and it's like their on a mission at nighttime- to be naughty! Hehe, you can hear them from my bedroom knoring and scratching at something, now I know what they're up to! I'll have to buy morrrrrre toys for them to chew on! :p

You could get one of the large litter trays and put the hay in that, it should help to keep it tidier. Rabbits seem to like PAH hutches to eat, I've bought some secondhand ones and they've been chewed. Hopefully they will calm down at night.

Hi there,

Goodness me what naughty little buns :)

It does make me think about the soft wood used on some hutches (I brought a similar one first but luckily they didn't chew it) how easy it would be for a predator like a fox to chew their way in if they were outdoor bunnies :shock:

I wonder if nailing some mesh across would head off any escapees if they do it again on another section ;-) You can get metal corner protectors from diy shops which should stop them making a start on any exposed corners too :)

Good luck
X

Back