• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving indoor rabbits outside ?

hoppet22

New Kit
My antie has two rabbits but she will be moving house soon and is unable to take them with her. They have been indoor rabbits for there whole lives ( there only a year old each) , she asked me to take them or otherwise she is going to take them to an animal shelter. I can only house them outside , it's getting warmer now but the side of the garden where the hutch will be is quite shady so it's still a bit cold over in that part of the garden.I was wondering will they be ok ? Or find it too cold ? Because the only other option is they will go to the animal shelter where they will be housed outside anyway. Any tips on making it warmer for them and isolating the hutch?.

Mine were indoors over the winter but have been back outside now for a couple of weeks. As long as they are in a sheltered spot, have plenty of deep straw to snuggle into and, if it's going to be a particularly cold night I'd cover the hutch, they should be fine.

Back