• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garden position for playhouse and run

B&B Buns

Alpha Buck
Hi guys,

I'm about to embark on a construction mission to get my two house buns outdoors. I'm going to build them a 7x5ft full height playhouse and I think I know where to put it, but it doesn't get the sun until quite late morning. My question is would the buns prefer the early morning sun or late afternoon? They probably don't really care, but I thought I'd ask!!

Thanks!!

In my garden the best position for a shed/playhouse is facing north as East through to West and it gets very hot in the summer. If you only have a couple of options I would go for evening sunshine as morning sunshine gets the playhouse very warm early on with no chance of cooling down.

Thanks tonibun. I had thought the same thing actually. We have a south facing garden so are very lucky, but it does mean that most of the time the house will be in the sun. The benefits of being close to our house in the winter for being more sheltered etc, actually become detrimental in the summer as less air flow.

Back